PDA

View Full Version : Retirement shocker!

Tabasco
06-22-2006, 10:06
I've been bugging my wife about trying to plan our retirement lifestyle. (After the post retirement thru hike :D ) 2025 here I come!!

Last week, she said, "let's retire to NC or TN near the trail and run a hiker hostel" :eek: :banana :eek:

Holy shiznit, I cannot wait now!

The Solemates
06-22-2006, 10:20
I've been bugging my wife about trying to plan our retirement lifestyle. (After the post retirement thru hike :D ) 2025 here I come!!

Last week, she said, "let's retire to NC or TN near the trail and run a hiker hostel"

Holy shiznit, I cannot wait now!

keep feeding the fuel with subtle hints through the years so she will remember it for sure ;)

Just Jeff
06-22-2006, 11:22
Hrm...beware. She's gonna ask you for something real big sometime soon. Women use the same butterin-up tricks we do. Only better.

white rabbit
06-22-2006, 11:54
Damn, that sounds like a dream retirement. She must be a great woman.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
06-22-2006, 11:57
Hrm...beware. She's gonna ask you for something real big sometime soon. Women use the same butterin-up tricks we do. Only better.Shhhh.... quit telling all our secrets. :D

Seriously, it sounds like a hiker's dream-come-true for retirement. You might want to contact some of the couples that are doing this and ask for advice about how to go about this and pitfalls to avoid.

Footslogger
06-22-2006, 12:29
[quote=Tabasco]I've been bugging my wife about trying to plan our retirement lifestyle. (After the post retirement thru hike :D ) 2025 here I come!!

Last week, she said, "let's retire to NC or TN near the trail and run a hiker hostel" :eek: :banana :eek:
=================================
You are truly a blessed man. Keep that dream alive !!

'Slogger

Doctari
11-01-2006, 12:35
2025? Egad, I'll be 70 by then :eek:

Looks like we retire the same year :(

Be sure to have a nice rocking chair for me when I get to you (& a place to hang my walker if you could).

Doctari.

weary
11-01-2006, 12:51
2025? Egad, I'll be 70 by then :eek:
Looks like we retire the same year :(
Be sure to have a nice rocking chair for me when I get to you (& a place to hang my walker if you could).Doctari.
Tabasco. Be sure to let me know when you open. I want to be among the first to walk in.

Weary