PDA

View Full Version : 3rd. Degree ?

3rd Degree's Dad
06-23-2006, 11:07
Anybody see him ? Last known location was in Damascus Va . He's heading south. Tall, bearded and about 205 lbs.

His Dad

Lone Wolf
06-23-2006, 12:44
Dark hair, tattoos on his leg, wearing a sport kilt?

TOW
06-23-2006, 12:48
Dark hair, tattoos on his leg, wearing a sport kilt?you mean a sport dress, don't ya..........?

Lone Wolf
06-23-2006, 12:49
you mean a sport dress, don't ya..........?
I ain't goin there. Too many sensitive types here.:rolleyes:

TOW
06-23-2006, 13:12
I ain't goin there. Too many sensitive types here.:rolleyes:when i see one of these MALE hikers a hiking around in one of them hiking dresses it just makes me want to follow them up the trail and look up their dress...................

TOW
06-23-2006, 14:24
what? ain't no one got something to say here? figures.........

K0OPG
06-23-2006, 18:21
OK. I hope your not on the trail in 2008. I sure don't someone looking up my kilt. You would be scarred for the rest of your life and I would get sued to pay for your therapy.

Just kidding. I just don't want to laughed at.

And yes, I am considering a kilt.

The General
06-23-2006, 18:31
Missing the point here Guy's. A Father is searching for information on the wherabouts of his son. surley we can come up with better information and comments other than the finer arts of crossdressing on the trail.

Tha Wookie
06-23-2006, 18:42
Ain't seen him but that's a great trail name. what's the story?

Heater
06-23-2006, 19:06
what? ain't no one got something to say here? figures.........

OK, Wanderer, if you insist... You said,

"when i see one of these MALE hikers a hiking around in one of them hiking dresses it just makes me want to follow them up the trail and look up their dress..................."

Question:
Why would you want to look up the "MALE hikers" dresses. :confused: << confused?

Hey, you asked! :)

TOW
06-23-2006, 21:20
OK. I hope your not on the trail in 2008. I sure don't someone looking up my kilt. You would be scarred for the rest of your life and I would get sued to pay for your therapy.

Just kidding. I just don't want to laughed at.

And yes, I am considering a kilt.

well, well, well, make sure you wear panties, or are them called underliners...........these hiking kilts are hiking dresses, i don't care how you look at it............then another way to look at it is that i have met some hiker babes out there that jjjjjuuuuuusssssttttt love their boys in dresses....

TOW
06-23-2006, 21:22

"when i see one of these MALE hikers a hiking around in one of them hiking dresses it just makes me want to follow them up the trail and look up their dress..................."

Question:
Why would you want to look up the "MALE hikers" dresses. :confused: << confused?

Hey, you asked! :)i wish you had not asked that question, i am not coming out of the closet on this one pal...........

TOW
06-23-2006, 21:27

Question:

Hey, you asked! :)i sure shoved my foot in my mouth on this one for sure............

attroll
06-24-2006, 00:22
That is enough. There are some things that I think should be taken serious here. A father worried about his son and one person has to turn the whole thing into a joke about wearing a skirt. How would you feel if you were checking back to the site everyday hoping to here some news and being worried and someone took the thread and hijacked it to something about a skirt.

TOW
06-24-2006, 08:49
That is enough. There are some things that I think should be taken serious here. A father worried about his son and one person has to turn the whole thing into a joke about wearing a skirt. How would you feel if you were checking back to the site everyday hoping to here some news and being worried and someone took the thread and hijacked it to something about a skirt.my apologies..........i was just all fired up from the hike naked post and it overlapped here...........

Frolicking Dinosaurs
06-24-2006, 09:09
3rd Degree's Dad - when was your son in Damascus so we kind of have an idea of where to look for him? By the way, I had zero cell service in the region south of Damascus until I crossed under I-40 at Davenport Gap (near Watertown, NC) so don't be too concerned if he hasn't called via a cell phone.

3rd Degree's Dad
06-24-2006, 09:30
Thanks for all the responses and your sincere concerns. I don't mind a little fun with this thread and I'm not especially worried . My son can well take care of him self. My intention is just to get a handle on where he is and the progress he's making. I'll probably hear from him at the next internet cafe etc.

Keep hiking guys and gals and if you feel that a kilt is the way to go ....have fun.;) BTW My son would look good in a kilt. He comes from celtic stock

3rd degrees dad

TOW
06-24-2006, 09:33
Thanks for all the responses and your sincere concerns. I don't mind a little fun with this thread and I'm not especially worried . My son can well take care of him self. My intention is just to get a handle on where he is and the progress he's making. I'll probably hear from him at the next internet cafe etc.

Keep hiking guys and gals and if you feel that a kilt is the way to go ....have fun.;) BTW My son would look good in a kilt. He comes from celtic stock

3rd degrees dadas long as he's a scot or a celt, that's okay with me..........i'm scottish all the way.............

StarLyte
06-24-2006, 10:12
There are a lot of photos I posted in the following link from Trail Days, maybe you could go through these to see if he was there?

http://gallery.backcountry.net/album62

If you spot him in any of these photos, let me know right away as I have hundreds of other photos but not posted on the internet. Also, have you checked with Appalachian Trail Conservancy office to see if he's been there and signed the register?
http://www.appalachiantrail.org

I recently was contacted by a mother looking for her son and actually found him in one of my photos.....he was in the hiker parade!

Good luck to you-
Marsha

Heater
06-24-2006, 11:21
There are a lot of photos I posted in the following link from Trail Days, maybe you could go through these to see if he was there?

http://gallery.backcountry.net/album62

If you spot him in any of these photos, let me know right away as I have hundreds of other photos but not posted on the internet. Also, have you checked with Appalachian Trail Conservancy office to see if he's been there and signed the register?
http://www.appalachiantrail.org

I recently was contacted by a mother looking for her son and actually found him in one of my photos.....he was in the hiker parade!

Good luck to you-

Marsha

Good idea checking the ATC.

I did a search on the trailjournals site with keywords "3rd degree" and "third degree" but didn't find anything. Maybe some other name or variation would get better results.

Fofer
06-24-2006, 21:33
Ain't seen him but that's a great trail name. what's the story?

I'm interested too.

3rd Degree's Dad
06-28-2006, 12:03
Ahhh yes "The Third Degree". It means intensive interrogating. My son has been interested in doing the AT for a long time. To get the feel of it he hiked various parts or regions to gain experience and ask questions from other thru hikers about the gear needed, conditions etc. So they assigned him that moniker.