PDA

View Full Version : My ENO hammock

grrickar
06-24-2006, 11:36
I used my Eagle's Nest hammock this section hike, and I was amazed at how comfortable it is. I have had rope hammocks to use in the backyard before, and I forgot how comfortable a hammock is.

I did not have a tarp, so I did not sleep in it, but lying there in my hammock after a long day on the trail was a luxury well worth the price of carrying the hammock and the 'slap straps'. I almost fell asleep listening to music in the hammock at Greasy Creek Gap. :D

I am putting a pic of me in the hammock up soon.

peanuts
06-25-2006, 09:57
Yes it's a very comfortable hammock. I've had mine for 2 years now. I love it....

jcook0
06-25-2006, 11:08
Yeah, it is nice. I use mine for 200 miles on the AT last year with the addition of a simple Crazy Creek tarp. The two worked well together. A lot of people like the Hennesy, but I like the freedom to use my ENO hammock without the tarp in the afternoon. Then I just put up the tarp before bed. It made for some of my most comfortable nights on the trail.

grrickar
06-25-2006, 15:15
I'm leaning towards the MacCat tarp for mine, and one thing that steered me to the ENO hammock is the fact it is rated for up to 400 lbs. I weigh around 245lbs, and many of the other hammocks were not rated for that.

jgreene
07-14-2006, 12:44
Glad to hear a ENO user chime in... I love mine

Ramble~On
07-15-2006, 03:17
I've often wondered why ENO wasn't mentioned more often.
I use Slap Strap Pro's, A DoubleNest and Guardian Bug net...I use an Equinox 10 x 12 Sil nylon Tarp...any way this set up is what I've been favoring lately....I give the hammock a 10 out of 10 rating in the comfort category. There are lighterweight options out there but none that I've tried are as comfortable or offer as many set up variations.

Mack-Attack
07-16-2006, 09:19
I've often wondered why ENO wasn't mentioned more often.
I use Slap Strap Pro's, A DoubleNest and Guardian Bug net...I use an Equinox 10 x 12 Sil nylon Tarp...any way this set up is what I've been favoring lately....I give the hammock a 10 out of 10 rating in the comfort category. There are lighterweight options out there but none that I've tried are as comfortable or offer as many set up variations.

Can you tell me if the Guardian Bug net looks black at night if you have a light on inside???? I find the Hennessy looking almost solid black and this bothers me (claustrophobia) when a light is used at night inside. I just bought the SingleNest and haven't used it yet but I'm looking for a set up that I don't feel confined as the Hennessy.

Thanx
Mack

Just Jeff
07-16-2006, 11:43
I'm testing the Crazy Creek Lightweight right now - it's the most roomy feeling hammock I've used. Some pros and cons, but the roominess is definitely a plus.

Nightwalker
07-16-2006, 13:12
I got an ENO single on Friday. I've slept in ti two nights so far. I'm in love!

peanuts
07-16-2006, 13:57
:welcome to all the new ENO users.....I'ved loved mine for almost 3 years...

Dan Wilson
01-13-2007, 13:58
Awesome Peanuts! i love my ENO hammock and cant wait to see more people enjoying them.... the company itself also seems very cool. I met one of the brothers (paul i think) at trail days last year. very down folks...