PDA

View Full Version : Blister Sister, Homebrew, Salamander & Packrat hit the CDT

Peregrine
06-25-2006, 01:25
For anyone who knows these thruhikers, I wanted to share a short movie I made of their departure from the Mexican border this past March. I had the honor of seeing them off on their nobo journey. They are all in northern Colorado now, all well on their way now to being Triple Crowners by summer's end. The movie is posted on my site, Jigglebox.com, the direct link being: http://www.jigglebox.com/CDTGang.mov

Also today while searching my photo archives, I stumbled on this: http://www.jigglebox.com/images/bjandblister.jpg

Not remembering what the "bj" was, I took a look and had a good laugh.

-Peregrine (formerly JesterLordDuke '04)
Currently a "writer in residence" at Hikers Welcome Hostel in Glencliff, NH

attroll
06-25-2006, 12:49
I can not get the movie to play. Is anyone else having this same problem?

neighbor dave
06-25-2006, 12:53
:-? ditto:confused:

TOW
06-25-2006, 13:07
it won't for me either............but i do like the pic of BJ getting a piggy back from who i believe is Blister Sister....

Heater
06-25-2006, 13:21
it won't for me either............but i do like the pic of BJ getting a piggy back from who i believe is Blister Sister....

If I recall correctly, that was an entry at the traildays '05 "useless gear contest". The "Blister sister's AT navigational device" or something along those lines.

Peregrine
06-25-2006, 13:37
Hmm.. dunno why it won't play. My apologies. It works on my computer, using QuickTime 6.4. Try this version, much smaller but it worked for Blister last week: http://www.jigglebox.com/CDT_Gang.mov

attroll
06-25-2006, 13:46
The new link works now.

TOW
06-25-2006, 14:51
still nothing, guess i'll have to wait til i go to the library.......

Wolf - 23000
06-27-2006, 18:40
Hi,

Can someone email me a copy of Blister's mail drops. I like to send her something but not sure were to send it.

Wolf

Stonewall
06-27-2006, 19:28
still nothing, guess i'll have to wait til i go to the library.......

Try taking off the pop up blocker it seemed to work for me with the second link.

Peregrine
06-27-2006, 19:41
Wolf..
I'm in phone contact with her and will try and shake her down for a few future dates. I know she's at Grand Lakes currently, which is a good week or two from Steamboat and that she'll be picking up mail at Steamboat. Safe bet something sent there soon would make it.
Peregrine

Blister
06-27-2006, 21:06
OK - I could feel the key pad burning - someone was typing about me somewhere. Anyhow - HELLO EVERYBODY. Yes it is me on the CDT. I would like to point out one thing about Ricks movie. At the beginning of the trail I had 3 chins, thankfully back down to 1! I love the thru hikers diets. Anyways I am about to head southbound out of Steamboat - yes southbound. I had to hitch up here and take care of some deadlines before my editors fire me. Thanks to Sam I am and Mala - I am out of hot water and I made the dealines for my articles. I will be back here in Steamboat in about 5 days, not sure how long I will be here - might want to hang for the forth with friends, next stop after that Rawlins, WY
Don't forget to check billville.net for new pictures of the trip or through chomps links on backcountry.net
Happy Hiking All!!!!

Sly
06-27-2006, 21:25
Hmm.. dunno why it won't play. My apologies. It works on my computer, using QuickTime 6.4. Try this version, much smaller but it worked for Blister last week: http://www.jigglebox.com/CDT_Gang.mov

LOL... That was great!

Of course having a new computer and highspeed connection does wonders! I should be able to finish the internet anyday now!

Blister, let us know your new drops!!!!

Skidsteer
06-27-2006, 21:37
Of course having a new computer and highspeed connection does wonders! I should be able to finish the internet anyday now!

High speed rocks, doesn't it? :)

Sly
06-27-2006, 22:51
High speed rocks, doesn't it? :)

It sure does! I've been on dial-up for 10 years!

Got the DSL modem hooked up yesterday and after many attempts finally configured a Linksys wireless router today. It seems Bellsouth would prefer you buy their router and tag on another $5 a month. Ha!

I just don't know what to do with myself I have so much free time! :D

Blister
06-28-2006, 11:29
I'll put something together as far as mail drops for inquiring minds in the next week, once I get back into steamboat. It just seems so much like a hassle, people want to know where to send packages, yet 1/2 way through the trail the only mail I have recieved I've sent myself. I'll post something anyways. Happy hiking all!

TOW
06-28-2006, 11:51
Hmm.. dunno why it won't play. My apologies. It works on my computer, using QuickTime 6.4. Try this version, much smaller but it worked for Blister last week: http://www.jigglebox.com/CDT_Gang.movit worked that time........