PDA

View Full Version : Narrow Feet

CalebSimpson
06-26-2006, 15:10
I am looking to find a hiking boot for my narrow feet. I have only found four boots thus far that come in a narrow, none of which I am crazy about. Can anybody make some recomendations?

Footslogger
06-26-2006, 15:22
I used to fit boots and noticed that over time most of the boot companies stopped making narrow boots. There is some variation from one manufaturer to the next but the last time I checked, Vasque was about the only boot vendor still offering footwear made specifically for narrow feet.

Another thing you can try, depending on the length of your foot (AND, if you already haven't tried this) would a womans boot. They are made on a narrower last. There is about a size and half difference (numerically) between mens and women's sizing. Over the years I put a lot of guys with narrow feet in the size 8 - 10 range in womens boots (sizes 9.5 - 11)

Hope that helps ...

'Slogger

joec
06-26-2006, 15:50
I have size 14 EE and LL Bean had them in stock and they have been great.

Tabasco
06-26-2006, 16:07
I wear 14AA. I own the LLBean Cresta GTX Leather hikers and LOVE THEM!
Virtually no break in time needed. That being said the ONLY reason I bought boots on line was that they were LLBean. They wrote the book on customer service IMO.

CalebSimpson
06-26-2006, 16:53
Looks like a good start here. I can't wear a woman's shoe! I am a size 13! Vasque is the one I had found already. I think they only have two models thogh. Lowa is another one I found and REI has one also. I will check out the LLBean for sure.

CalebSimpson
06-26-2006, 17:17
One more question, what is the letter corrusponding to the size mean? The guy that sized me at REI only told me I was a narrow, I had no idea there were letters corrosponding to the shoe size.

The Solemates
06-26-2006, 17:19
montrails usually run kinda narrow, but they also have high arch supports.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
06-26-2006, 19:11
One more question, what is the letter corrusponding to the size mean? The guy that sized me at REI only told me I was a narrow, I had no idea there were letters corrosponding to the shoe size.http://www.dickssportinggoods.com/sm-determine-your-shoe-size--bg-222865.html
If your foot measurements are not on this chart, go to a shoe store and have them measure your foot.

the goat
06-26-2006, 20:52
montrails, montrails, montrails! i have very narrow feet, & wear an 11. i've put thousands of miles on montrail boots & trail runners and i ***** you not, i've never even had so much as a blister. i'll never wear anything else, ever.

Ridge
06-27-2006, 14:15
If you can't find a woman's boot to fit then try Raichle. REI carries a Raichle boot under their name, called REI Spirit. I have friends with narrow feet, this is the only one they have tried that actually fit.

http://www.rei.com/online/store/ProductDisplay?storeId=8000&catalogId=40000008000&productId=47995379&parent_category_rn=4501274&vcat=REI_SEARCH

CalebSimpson
06-27-2006, 17:07
Thanks!! I may have found a solution! I discovered New Balance makes hiking shoes and makes them in narrow. I'm likely going to try them since I like their running and cross trainers so much. I still might try the Montrails and the REI boot as well. Ideally I would like to try them all on.