PDA

View Full Version : Any experiences with Golite Hut 2?

gdwelker
06-28-2006, 08:41
I've been looking at this product for a while, but have been unable to find any decent reviews by users on the product. Anyone have any experience with it, particularly in the midatlantic/northeast?

dloome
07-02-2006, 22:08
Bumping this up because I am also curious. Thinking about getting the solo version as it looks a bit more storm worthy than my Lair.

gdwelker
07-04-2006, 17:55
I too have looked at the Lair, and figured the Hut was more weatherproof. I'm looking at the Hut 2/3 version, which seems to have the same space as the Lair 2. I'm also wondering if I can hang the Lair's bug net inside the hut. Would be a great combination.

sliderule
07-04-2006, 22:53
I'm also wondering if I can hang the Lair's bug net inside the hut. Would be a great combination.

The Lair Nest does not work all that well with the Hut. The Nest door is in the center, the Hut is vestibule opens on the side. Also, the Lair pole can be positioned a couple of feet in front of the tarp, so that there is room between the pole and the door to the Nest. The vestibule on the Hut complicates that option.

The Nest pretty much cancels out the weight savings associated with a tarp. The Den would be less money, less hassle to pitch and only slightly heavier. And probably less volume. The Nest is bulky.