PDA

View Full Version : What size Micropuff vest do women wear?

Michele
06-28-2006, 22:51
Hi ladies,

I'm planning on buying a Patagonia Micropuff vest. Only problem is that it only comes in men's sizes. Does anyone have one of these, and if so, what men's size do you wear in the vest (S-M-L-XL) and what size women's top do you usually wear?

I want to make sure I've got enough room to layer my clothes under it, but I don't want it to look like a dress on me either. I don't have an outfitter anywhere near me that carries these, otherwise, I'd just go and try it on. Thanks ladies.

-Michele

Auntie Mame
06-29-2006, 23:45
Hi Michele, I tried one of those on at an outlet and a small fit OK above the waist and snug at the hips. I wear a ladies 12 top and 14 jeans. Good luck, its a nice rig, but not for me til its a better shape. Sierra Tradingpost has the orange ones now, but they are still pretty steep. If they drop in price, I'd get one and alter it to fit. Fussy work, though.

weggers
07-04-2006, 03:39
Michele, I use the puffball pullover. I wear a women's xs-small on top and sm-medium on bottom, and I've found the men's small puffball to have more than enough room. (Even for my hips.) Patagonia generally leaves room for layering in their outerlayers, so keep that in mind when ordering (i.e. don't go up a size for this reason). They are really good about taking things back. Good luck!