PDA

View Full Version : shaving kit

johnny quest
06-29-2006, 11:49
im not trying to reprise any debate on the wisdom/philosophy/spiritual meaning behind the decision to go shaven on the thru-hike. im just wondering if anyone has run acrossnice store-bought or plans for building of a good shaving kit. i prefer mug,brush and soap.

max patch
06-29-2006, 12:11
I carried a plastic disposable and used soap whenever I had a shower. Not what I "prefer" but while on a thru its the least hassle and weight (besides letting it grow).

Ridge
06-29-2006, 15:18
People actually shave while thru Hiking? Whats next, hikers taking showers and washing there socks too??

johnny quest
06-29-2006, 15:22
i tend to. in the marines we were required to keep our hair short and shave in the field no matter what the conditions. it became no big deal to me. i still have the ability to frighten convenience store clerks after a week on the trail though. perhaps its the smell.

Alligator
06-29-2006, 15:40
Cup-cut the bottom off a soda bottle. Punch a hole in it and you could put a loop in it.

Heck, do two and you could have one for rinse water.

Johnny Swank
07-15-2006, 20:39
Carried a disposable razor and some Dr. Bronners for the thru-hike. Shaved every now and again for some odd reason.

Let it go on the river. Some much better! The beard gave me a place to store goodies for later.