PDA

View Full Version : Al - 4th Of July Wkend

Cuffs
06-29-2006, 15:59
Anyone hiking in AL this long weekend? Bankhead? Sipsey? Pinhoti? Talladega?

Trying to get out and meet other WB'ers. Have fun!

ALH

Heater
06-29-2006, 16:27

ALH

The hours I work, I don't get to see family as much as I like so, I'll be speding it with them.

I really needc to quit my job. Matter of fact, I should just make that My sig.

--

I really need to quit my job...

Tim Rich
06-29-2006, 17:41
I'm taking the boat to Lake Martin to drag folks around. I plan to hike from the BBQ to the boat dock.

A 50 mile section of the southernmost Pinhoti will have to wait a few months.

MisterSweetie
06-29-2006, 18:29

ALHI tried to get a trip together with someone (anyone) and couldn't. It's almost too late now, but what do you have in mind?

Heater
06-29-2006, 21:26
I'm taking the boat to Lake Martin to drag folks around. I plan to hike from the BBQ to the boat dock.

A 50 mile section of the southernmost Pinhoti will have to wait a few months.

Or from BBQ to BBQ.... right! ;)

I LOVE this time of year! :sun

Cuffs
06-30-2006, 10:14
I tried to get a trip together with someone (anyone) and couldn't. It's almost too late now, but what do you have in mind?

Actually, anything to get out of the house and into the wood!

Mainly looking to gear test... I have a new tent that hasnt been in the woods yet and 2 new alchy stoves that need to be checked out. I have mapped a loop hike thru Sipsey/Bankhead that I would like to try...

Let me know if you can make it!

MisterSweetie
06-30-2006, 18:13

Mainly looking to gear test... I have a new tent that hasnt been in the woods yet and 2 new alchy stoves that need to be checked out. I have mapped a loop hike thru Sipsey/Bankhead that I would like to try...

Let me know if you can make it!What days? I absolutely have to be back in town Tuesday, and in the meantime I've halfway planned something for Saturday. That leaves Sun and Mon, which would be a short trip?

Tim Rich
07-06-2006, 18:09

How'd the shakedown hike go over the Fourth? Trip Report?

SouthMark
07-06-2006, 19:10

Could you share the info on the loop you have mapped out? I need to get out and test some gear also and the Sipsey is one of my favorite spots close to home.

Cuffs
07-06-2006, 20:16
Hey Mark & Tim!

I see your posts, but Im not home at the moment... gotta work (have to pay for all that gear somehow!) But soon as I can get back, I'll get that info out!

Mark, just fyi, I found this forum for AL hiking... http://alabamatrail.org/forum/index.php
It doesnt have alot of activity (yet) but I have found some useful info there...

Have a great weekend and I'll get that info asap (thats pdq for you civilians!)

MisterSweetie
07-06-2006, 22:27
please please post your planned hikes on whiteblaze if you're willing to have unknown hiking buddies. Thanks! Sipsey isn't that far from me, and I could do a weekend easily.