PDA

View Full Version : Ebay Gear

sum41punk91
07-01-2006, 23:13
i am looking to purchase this pack off of ebay http://cgi.ebay.com/KELTY-TORNADO-4900-INTERNAL-FRAME-BACKPACK-22050072_W0QQitemZ8823154106QQihZ005QQcategoryZ361 11QQssPageNameZWD1VQQrdZ1QQcmdZViewItem
and some things have been going on about gear counterfitting and making a very similar item and selling it as the top notch name brand item and i was wondering if an one has heard anything about that, secondly i am wondering about the kelty warranty....do you need the original reciepts and everything for thier lifetime warranty or can you just mail in your pack or tent and have it fixed???

P.S. i know its not a super lightweight pack... but please dont give me any bull about the weight of it

Amigi'sLastStand
07-02-2006, 02:46
The freaking weight of that is gonna kill ya, what a joke... Just kidding:)

As a member of ebay's selling community and a Square Trade member myself, you can be sure enough it's legit -- 95% so. 16000+ fbs at 99.7%, its legit.
I have heard of counterfeit crap on ebay in every area, so it's possible, but that's what Paypal is for. I doubt it on this item though. I'd buy it w/o hesitation.

I do not know about the warranty though

papa john
07-02-2006, 05:53
I agree. Plus you have this:

ALL SALES COME WITH A 100% HASSLE FREE RETURN/REFUND POLICY

sarbar
07-02-2006, 09:31
Only thing is...you can buy that pack for petty close to that price in many sporting goods stores. I'd look around if you can, then no S&H! Nothing against Ebay...but having in hand is nice.
You might also look into the Kelty light series: The Illusion and the Shadow. Both are great packs, run $160 or so and are lighter-and still well built for comfort.

sum41punk91
07-02-2006, 09:42
well sarbar... i tried both the packs on and i am a big person with a wider torso and the shadow just didnt feel right it was to restricting loaded with 35 pounds the illusion was allright... but of all the packs i tried this was the most comfortable...
thank you all and i am sure i am going to purchase this

trlhiker
07-02-2006, 14:32
As long as the location is in the US, you should have no problem with imitations.

sarbar
07-02-2006, 20:24
Yeah, if you are carrying over 35 lbs I wouldn't suggest the Illusion or Shadow. Both are really for under 35 lbs. 32 is about what I can stand in my Illusion.
Have you tried on a Kelty Satori? Really comfortable for many broad guys. My husband has one (he is 6'4", and not a small man.) Try, try and try on before you buy-since if you do EBay, returns won't be as simple as say buying from REI or EMS (or any walk in store). Rember, if you get the pack and hate it, returning it could run you $8-20 bucks in shipping (sorry for that lecture, I ship for a living ;) )

Amigi'sLastStand
07-02-2006, 20:25
As long as the location is in the US, you should have no problem with imitations.
Ah, good point. A little ebay caution here. The location doesnt mean anything. When you design the ad, you can say US, but have it dropshipped from anywhere. That got me on some RAM I bought. It said US, but was getting shipped from S. Korea. It was fine, just took four weeks to get. Never go by the location.

fiddlehead
07-02-2006, 21:34
Lowe Backpacks are about $16 in Koh San Road in Bangkok. The originals are made here so it's hard to tell if there is a difference. The zippers seem a little light on the ones i looked at. I would think it would be easy for someone to ebay them if they wanted. Beware! I've been screwed on ebay 2 or 3 times. I'm still a sucker for a good deal though

sum41punk91
07-03-2006, 14:39
i have tried about 6 or 7 kelty packs inclding 2 different red clouds the shadow the illusion and tornado i have not however tried the Satori i checked the shipping calculator and its just under 15 dollars... and its garunteed in 4 days but you all know that means squat so im still researching but i have my mind pretty set on that pack (my freind also has the kelty tornado and i have asked him to use it a bit and it is very comfortable)

zr700
07-03-2006, 23:51
http://www.cabelas.com/cabelas/en/templates/pod/standard-pod-wrapped.jsp?rid=&indexId=cat20124&navAction=push&navCount=5&cmCat=MainCatcat20075&parentType=index&parentId=cat20124&id=0037768

sum41punk91
07-04-2006, 01:30
wow zr700 the link said it all i think that is the most convincing argument of anyone who has spoken in this thread