PDA

View Full Version : Who's going to Billville?

Amigi'sLastStand
07-02-2006, 05:18
I am trying my dambest to go, and think I got a 90% chance to make it. So...
A) who's going?
B) well, I'm a bit nervous about going. I am not going to know anyone personally, and I am the same person in life as I am online, but more reserved and will not be the first to start a conversation or to "join in". I think I'd feel better with something to do, somewhere to be. I can cook, I can clean, I can do whatever, so Starlyte if ya need some help, let me know. Or, someone hold my hand when I get there.

Just kidding on the last part.

TOW
07-02-2006, 07:46
Amigi, if I were you I would send a PM to Trail Angel Mary and offer your services and just go from there......before you know it you'll have a whole slew of new friends.....

Nokia
07-02-2006, 09:31
Sage, Cold Feet, and Nokia are trying to go. We're in Harpers and are thinking of hitching up there. If anyone is going by Harpers and has some room, please let us know. It would realy be appreciated!!! I look forward to seeing everyone.

Stonewall
07-02-2006, 12:07
I am in the same boat as you Amigi, I am looking forward to going just a wee bit nervous because I won't know anyone there. Ah but it only takes me a little bit then I will chat with anyone :) I always look at it as a chance to hear new stories and make new friends. See everyone up there.

Wonder
07-02-2006, 21:07
I'll be there........

StarLyte
07-04-2006, 09:35
If you attend, you will not be so nervous about meeting hikers at the next event. Please come - and if you feel you can't mingle yet, find me and I'll introduce you to a few hikers. WE'LL loosen you up. In a good way :D

I remember attending my very first hiker event which was a PA Ruck and seeing that damn Bill Bryson T-shirt on Jack. It had sleeves on it then and was new. I asked someone did Jack really feel like that. They told me to ask him. So I did. I had someone take a picture of me asking him too.....just in case I didn't make it out of the conversation.

Please attend......the fellowship you experience will NEVER be forgotten.

Marsha
"StarLyte"