PDA

View Full Version : Stuff sacks

hopper
03-17-2003, 17:39
Hi,
I'm getting a Feathered Friends hummingbird (20*) bag and I want to get a water proof stuff sack for it. I'm wondering what your experiences are with the OR hydroseal bags, I know they have a couple dif models (basic, standard, advanced).
If you know of any other stuff sacks let me know as I'm also in the market for a decent food bag (something that's going to hang well and such).

Thanks

Kerosene
03-17-2003, 18:38
OR Hyrdoseal bags are definitely waterproof, given a little care in securing them, but they're relatively heavy compared to a silnyl stuff sack (7+ ounces versus 1-2 ounces).

SkyKing
03-17-2003, 21:40
Hopper....
There is another Thread under this Forum (also called Stuff Sack")..check it out. I think you'll find it useful. :)

hopper
03-18-2003, 18:27
Thanks you two.
Anyone know a good resource for purchasing the silnyl bags?

SkyKing
03-18-2003, 18:48
Hopper....I'm not sure if this is what you want but Questoutfitters.com has a great selection of silnylon. Either Thru-hiker.com/workshop or "Sparky" here on Whiteblaze has great plans for waterproof stuff sacks. Hopes this helps.

Jumpstart
03-18-2003, 18:54
Hopper, if you're looking to buy, not make, silnylon stuff sacks, EMS has a good supply of the ones made by Equinox. We used them on our thru-hike in '02 and they worked beautifully. They have a range of sizes. www.ems.com

Sparky!
03-18-2003, 21:53
Hopper,

I would recommend that you give it a try to make them yourself. For what it cost for one you could make four. There are plenty of places to get your silnylon in many colors. Questoutfitters is where I got mine and I bought left overs for a 36" x 65" for around $5. Fun foam cost me less than a buck and thread cost me less than a dollar. Then seam seal it and you are set to go. IMHO. I put some pics in my gallery of my "Priest Collar" bags I made and I trust them 100%,

Sparky!

hopper
03-18-2003, 23:50
Good stuff, thanks! :)