PDA

View Full Version : Signing Off

Jack Tarlin
03-17-2003, 20:08
Will be leaving Hanover in the next few days, and making my way South, with lots of stops to see friends on the way down.......Philadelphia, Harper's Ferry, Damascus, Kincora, Miss Janet's, etc. Hoping to be at Springer on the the night of the 31st and starting out on April Fool's Day, which seems entirely appropriate.

Just wanted to say goodbye and good luck to the folks in 2003 who'll be leaving soon; hope to see some of you out there.

Hope to be back here in October ( I sure hope this site is still here!) and VERY best wishes to those of you planning to hike in 2004 or later; my more or less permanent address is [email protected], which I'll be checking every so often over the next six months; will be back on-line on a daily basis after 1 October; anyone needs help with anything at all with their planning, don't hesitate to run it past me. If I can't help you, I can probably direct you to someone who can.

Lastly, just wanted to say thanx again to the folks who got this site up and running; in a few short months, this has turned into a very valuable resource for folks planning their thru-hikes, and I think this site has done a great deal of good. It has been a privilege and a pleasure to get to know so many of you; hope everyone has a great spring and summer, and especially best wishes to the Class of 2003, who I hope have a blast. See ya down the line somewhere....

very best wishes,

---Baltimore Jack
Hanover, NH
GA-ME 2003, etc.

Lone Wolf
03-17-2003, 20:12
You'll catch my fat ass. Me, Wee Willie and Pirate are starting this Thursday.

Jack Tarlin
03-17-2003, 20:20
Geez, talk about the un-holy Trinity!

see ya in Gatlinburg......

Lone Wolf
03-17-2003, 20:24
We all got borned again here in Damasskiss at a revival. We is different boys now Jack. Veritable choir boys!

Streamweaver
03-17-2003, 22:07
Good luck Jack!! I hope everything goes according to plan!! So you are from Hanover eh?? <<Woodlawn here. Anyway good luck and dont do anything id do !!! lol Streamweaver

MedicineMan
03-17-2003, 22:10
Jack, if you need any help in the Roan Mountain area dont hesitate to call, but it looks like you have many friends everywhere for the emergency shuttle/etc.

Sleepy the Arab
03-18-2003, 00:21
Take me with you.

And could someone out there loan me a couple thou?

Whittler
03-18-2003, 12:24
Hey Jack
BooBoo Bonzo and me will been on Springer March 31st.Heading north on April fool's day too . Be good to see you again .
Whittler

SkyKing
03-18-2003, 19:09
Would wish you a lot of luck Jack....but this is all "old hat" to you now! :) Let me know when you'll be coming cross the dome or thru the gap. I'm planning on slinging some burgers and having some cold drinks for the "class of 03". This will give me the opportunity to meet and help some of the folks I've talked to here. Course they might not want to see the pitiful/can-I-come look in my eyes! :) You've been an inspiration to a lot of folks!!

Ann
03-18-2003, 19:30
Hope both you and Lone Wolf have a great hike.
Any chance you guys MIGHT POSSIBLY have a list of mail drops where you'll be picking up mail??? Just in case anyone out there might want to send you a few surprises..ei Macanudos, etc.

Anyway, I hope you both have great hikes. I'm jealous as hell. Thanks for all your help.
See you on the trail up north,
Ann

EDIT: I should have said mail drop with expected DATES.

Aubrey
03-18-2003, 20:00
Hey SkyKing, any idea when you'll be slingin' burgers at the dome? :D

I look to cross it around the 11th or so (Fri/Sat)

Yup, I DEFINITELY hope to see you there!

Former Member
03-20-2003, 02:28
/

Tin Man
03-20-2009, 00:46
Have a great hike Jack!

Lone Wolf
03-20-2009, 00:47
oy :rolleyes:

Mother Nature
03-20-2009, 06:42
Wolf, you are getting sadistic. :p:p:p

camojack
03-20-2009, 06:50
Wolf, you are getting sadistic. :p:p:p
He didn't do it...this time. :rolleyes:

Darwin again
03-20-2009, 08:43
Awesome! Have a great hike, Jack!

saimyoji
03-20-2009, 08:47
Awesome! Have a great hike, Jack!

thought you were leaving :rolleyes:

sheepdog
03-20-2009, 08:47
Is he there yet

JAK
03-20-2009, 08:55
Have a great hike Jack!lol
You guys are cracking me up. Looks like another day of sunshine. :sun

A-Train
03-20-2009, 14:06
Wow, 6 years, what an epic adventure this must be. I eagerly await the novel and screenplay :)

Slo-go'en
03-20-2009, 14:25
Is he there yet

I hope so, he left like 6 years ago!

Nicksaari
03-20-2009, 19:51
HA that is very true. Jack, having traversed the trail something like six or seven times- i often wonder if he thinks about the trail more than i do- ive never thru hiked. the most ive spent on the trail was a week and it was SNP, prob the most commercialized section of the trail (so ive read) and experienced.
i think about the trail- or hiking, or backpacking, sleeping under the stars or rain, or some type of combination of those four- AT LEAST a couple of hours of each day.
so yeah, i totally agree with Slo-go'en, Jack has been AWOL for the good part of this decade.
and i couldnt be more envious of him, or any thru thats out there tonight setting up camp.

i have not met Jack, but i consider him to be my homeboy.

A-Train
03-21-2009, 00:09
HA that is very true. Jack, having traversed the trail something like six or seven times- i often wonder if he thinks about the trail more than i do- ive never thru hiked. the most ive spent on the trail was a week and it was SNP, prob the most commercialized section of the trail (so ive read) and experienced.
i think about the trail- or hiking, or backpacking, sleeping under the stars or rain, or some type of combination of those four- AT LEAST a couple of hours of each day.
so yeah, i totally agree with Slo-go'en, Jack has been AWOL for the good part of this decade.
and i couldnt be more envious of him, or any thru thats out there tonight setting up camp.

i have not met Jack, but i consider him to be my homeboy.

Jack, AWOL for a better part of this decade? His 9000 some odd posts might dictate otherwise....:)

Red Hat
03-23-2009, 13:10
I sure was thinking about Jack as we headed down to Dennis Cove after 6pm last Thursday. Ragamuffin, Stitch, and I knew we had missed the ride into town for dinner. I said, "well, maybe Jack will be there and fix his famous lasagna"... alas, it was not to be. So we just ordered pizza delivery. Oh well, a girl can wish...

The Weasel
03-23-2009, 14:15
Jack, AWOL for a better part of this decade? His 9000 some odd posts might dictate otherwise....:)

Those were from his doepplegaenger, "Baltimore Jack" who stole his identity (and vice versa) (especially the "vice") long ago and, yes, far away. :D

Weasey