PDA

View Full Version : Experiences with backcountry.com

Smacky70
07-06-2006, 22:12
I was wondering if anyone has ordered from backcountry.com, and if so what was their experience with them?

Having weighed up my options when it comes to tents, I think I'll possibly be going for the Mountain Hardwear Haven 2 tent, which unfortunately isn't stocked anywhere in Aus, hence the ordering online.

bigcranky
07-06-2006, 22:18
I've ordered several items over the last few years, and I've been a happy customer. Not sure how that translates to ordering from overseas, but they've certainly been reliable for me.

Have you looked at www.tarptent.com? I've seen positive comments from Aussies who have used them.

Roland
07-06-2006, 22:21
I was wondering if anyone has ordered from backcountry.com, and if so what was their experience with them?

Having weighed up my options when it comes to tents, I think I'll possibly be going for the Mountain Hardwear Haven 2 tent, which unfortunately isn't stocked anywhere in Aus, hence the ordering online.
You can save yourself $40 by buying the tent here (http://greatlakesoutfitter.com/index.asp?PageAction=VIEWPROD&ProdID=235). I don't have enough experience with either company, to make a purchase recommendation.

hikerjohnd
07-06-2006, 22:41
I think there was a similar thread recently... try a search - but I have never had an order come correctly. They were always friendly and took care of the problem, but I just do not order from them becasue it always means a follow-up transaction.

Ewker
07-06-2006, 22:51
I have ordered from them before with no problems.

Nightwalker
07-06-2006, 23:49
Fast shipping and easy returns. They also have lots of specials if you look around their site.

I got a sweet 24 oz. down bag there for $100.00 off.

swift
07-07-2006, 14:54
I had the worst possible experience with them in 2003, the first and last time I dealt with Backcountry. Ordered a couple of Golite shirts, after not receiving them 2 weeks later I called and they told me they were being shipped that day.... 2 weeks later I called again, same thing, they are being shipped that afternoon. The third call after 6 weeks I asked to speak to a manager, the person on the phone said there is no manager, that I had to deal with him. I attempted to cancel the order, he said TOO LATE, it has shipped.... the shirts never shipped, never arrived, they billed my VISA the day I ordered, and it took me THREE MONTHS to get my card credited back.

Whistler
07-07-2006, 15:01
I've ordered some odds and ends from them. Pretty quick to ship, no issues to speak of.
-Mark

Bob Baker
07-08-2006, 00:10
Ordered a thing or two, no problems.

mhussey
07-13-2006, 17:09
I have ordered my MSR hubba-hubba, POE Insulmant, and a few other things over the past two years all on seperate orders with nothing but success...fast shipping and good prices.

P.S. 25% off NorthFace equipment as I type.

FatMan
07-13-2006, 21:16
I have many successful transactions with them. Just be sure to look for items on sale, as their regular pricing can be a steep.