PDA

View Full Version : Outfitter for Sale

vernon
07-08-2006, 12:58
Hello everyone, I am sorry to be away from the hiking community for the past year. This is Vernon from Appalachian Outfitters in Port Clinton, PA. I am sorry to announce that I will be selling my store. My wife and I just had our first son, Vernon the IV, and the store has taken me away from him. So I asked My dad to step in, and he has been diagnosed with major health problems. The store is currently closed as I have taken another job. I had 5 great years in Port Clinton. So if their is anyone out there that ever thought of owning an outfitter on the AT this is a golden oppurtunity as I will be selling it for the cost of inventory only. So if this sounds like it may interest you contact me and will dicuss further. Thanks, Happy Hiking Vernon AO

Uncle Silly
07-17-2006, 17:21
Sad to hear.... I'd love to step in and help but it's financially impossible for me at present. Thanks for all you've done for the hikers -- I remember stopping by your store on my hike last year. Good luck to you and your family in the future.

Newb
07-18-2006, 11:38
I'd love to see a prospectus...ie overhead vs. average cashflow.

Footslogger
07-18-2006, 12:21
Thanks for all the help you've been to hikers. Stopped in on my 2003 thru and was able to find some things I really needed. Considering that there isn't that much else in Port Clinton for hikers your shop was a true oasis.

'Slogger

Ender
07-18-2006, 12:32
I'd love to see a prospectus...ie overhead vs. average cashflow.

Ditto...

Lil'Joe
07-18-2006, 16:40
Triple ditto on the prospectus!

Jor

bfitz
07-18-2006, 20:17
Congrats on Vernon the IV!!!!

MacGyver2005
07-19-2006, 09:17
Vernon, I would like to hear what the asking price, as well as possibly more information. Please email me at JMcAlister AT Gmail DOT com.

Regards,
-MacGyver
GA-->ME

Phreak
07-19-2006, 19:15
I've had several correspondence with Vernon about cost, inventory, and any other information he can provide about the business but he hasn't released any information to me so far. :confused: