PDA

View Full Version : Member's Pages page?

Just Jeff
07-09-2006, 13:41
We have lots of members here with their own pages. Every now and then I'll click on someone's link just b/c I haven't been there before, even if it doesn't have anything to do with the particular post I'm reading - but that only works if it's in their sig lines. We don't have one page that lists all of the members' homepages. I think it would be useful to have a directory under "Links" that's solely devoted to pages of WB members. Personally, I'd scan it and click on a few every now and then.

It might be possible to link the homepages in peoples' profiles directly into the page, or we might have to manually input it if the software won't support that. Attroll would know.

Anyway, does anyone else think this would be useful?

Emsadida
07-09-2006, 14:00
The directory could be interesting. Hopefully nobody tries would create random accounts so they could bring more traffic to their site.

On a side note Jeff:
As long as the person has entered their webpage in their profile, you can click on their screen name and then click the "Visit ***'s homepage!"

Just Jeff
07-09-2006, 14:14
True, but I don't want to search everyone's profile just to see who has a homepage. I'd click on the directory and scan the list to see whose page I'd like to visit, though. Just a thought. :)

SGT Rock
07-09-2006, 14:16
It is possible. But it would take some work unless someone has a hack already made for the software. And the problem with some of these hacks is you have to re-install them after every software upgrade - and sometimes the hacks will not work with new software unless someone upgrades them too.

Just Jeff
07-09-2006, 14:38
Well, at least putting up the directory for people to post their pages in would be easy. If making it automatically update is too much work, just make the directory and be done with it!

attroll
07-10-2006, 12:08
If you look at the Membership (http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/memberlist.php) list there is a column that says "Home Page". If you scroll through that and if a user has a homepage it will show it.

Just Jeff
07-10-2006, 13:45
That's pretty close to what I'm talking about. This is what scares me, though - "Showing results 1 to 100 of 8669 "