PDA

View Full Version : HH and Arc bag

ElkHunter
07-10-2006, 14:56
I'm expecting my first HH(light racer) soon and am excited to try it out. I wanted to get the adventure racer, but they have been on backorder for some time now. I've been unsucessfull in trying to reach Tom directly about ETA for the AR and also a question about his new hyperlight model. His website seems to indicate that the new HL is more durable than the racer models, yet it seems to use the same materials.

Might anyone out there have any info on this?

I am strongly considering going with an Arc Ghost for use with HH. I know some of you are currently using this bag.

What fabric did you chose for the Ghost and why? How is it working out?

Thanks for your help!

ElkHunter
07-16-2006, 22:36
Well, the hammock is here and I'm really impressed with how lightweight and comfortable it is. Tom has really done a phenomenal job in deigning his product line. I slept in the rain the other night and warm and dry. Granted, it was about 75 degrees, but you got to start somewhere right? :p

Now comes the experimentation phase of figuring out the best way to pitch the tarp for foul weather and implementing an under insulation system. I'm trying to decide what to use on on top, but I'm still leaning toward an Arc bag. :-?

MedicineMan, DavidR, Hog, I could really use some input and advice on your experiences with the Arc line. The Ghost seems to be the way to go but there are several fabric choices. I know it's mostly a weight vs. durability trade off, but I'm not sure how breathability(or lack thereof) factors in. :confused:

I appreciate your help.

neo
07-16-2006, 22:39
Well, the hammock is here and I'm really impressed with how lightweight and comfortable it is. Tom has really done a phenomenal job in deigning his product line. I slept in the rain the other night and warm and dry. Granted, it was about 75 degrees, but you got to start somewhere right? :p

Now comes the experimentation phase of figuring out the best way to pitch the tarp for foul weather and implementing an under insulation system. I'm trying to decide what to use on on top, but I'm still leaning toward an Arc bag. :-?

MedicineMan, DavidR, Hog, I could really use some input and advice on your experiences with the Arc line. The Ghost seems to be the way to go but there are several fabric choices. I know it's mostly a weight vs. durability trade off, but I'm not sure how breathability(or lack thereof) factors in. :confused:

I appreciate your help.

happy hammock haning to ya,i know medicine man personally for several years now,he has quite collection of hammock gear,pm him he would know
:cool: neo

peter_pan
07-17-2006, 08:38
Welcome to the hanging crowd....

FWIW, as long as you have a current bag that can be used on top for a while...prevailing wisdom is to plan and fix the bottom insulation first....by whatever means you choose....Then upgrade the top solution.

Pan

jlb2012
07-17-2006, 08:58
wrt to fabric - I got the Pertex Endurance fabric which I see they don't offer anymore - just as well I am not completely happy with the breathability of the Endurance fabric. Of the fabrics that they offer the only one I have experience with is the Epic by Nextec - I like this fabric and it works well in my 0 deg bag but it is a little heavier than some of the others.

MedicineMan
07-18-2006, 21:29
whatever fabric is lightest, i think that's the simple ripstop....never had a water problem in the hammock.