PDA

View Full Version : Hikers Inn - Glencliff

Hammock Hanger
09-10-2002, 06:35
Packrat has done a good job here. He has a small supply of ramen and Lipton's, candy bars, etc for hikers who are running low. There is a refrig stocked with sodas, juice, candy, poptarts, freezy pops, etc. Sleeping pads upstairs, couch, shower, laundry, plenty of tenting space. He will shuttle you to town or slack you if you want. He has a small assortment of fleece, vests, windpants that he gets from local thrift stores and sells very cheap in case you forgot something. Very comfy place to rest and get yourself ready for the Whites. The hostel is across the street from the PO. Packrat is a past thru-hiker. Hammock Hanger

Blue Jay
12-26-2002, 14:37
In my humble opinion you almost have to stop here. The PO is right there, very good food and hiker box, they even juggle things and sing for your entertainment. Even Shaw doesn't do that (although he might if the Pie Lady moved away). It is the last thruhiker friendly place until you get to the Carter Notch hut. The hut crew there is always cool.

Lion King
05-04-2005, 11:41
Agreed.

Edited my Film there last year in the WestFalia by the trees...great place, best selection of Movies on DVD/VHS and the ULTIMATE in music CDs anywhere on the trail...no question about it.

LK

The Solemates
05-04-2005, 12:11
Agreed.

Edited my Film there last year in the WestFalia by the trees...great place, best selection of Movies on DVD/VHS and the ULTIMATE in music CDs anywhere on the trail...no question about it.

LK

yea LK, we met you there around June 1 on our thru when we were coming through. we stayed the night. packrat treats ya great.

Nean
05-04-2005, 18:25
Shaw passed on to that great hiker hostel in the sky Blue Jay, and Pie lady is trail history if I am not mistaken.

The Solemates
05-05-2005, 09:43
Shaw passed on to that great hiker hostel in the sky Blue Jay, and Pie lady is trail history if I am not mistaken.

this post was written in 02.

theunstrungharp
11-20-2007, 21:02
Anyone know how to get ahold of Packrat?

Jack Tarlin
11-20-2007, 21:09
Try (603) 989-0040; if that doesn't work, send a PM to Blister here at Whiteblaze; she might have another number if this one's no good.

theunstrungharp
11-22-2007, 08:31
Thanks Jack. And, I think you and I were about 2 feet away from meeting recently in Hanover. Wicked and I were chatting and you walked up as I left. Small world...