PDA

View Full Version : 2006 Hikers We Met ...

Footslogger
07-16-2006, 10:55
BadAss Turtle and I just finished hiking from Rangeley to Gorham and around the Pinkham Notch, Wildcat Mountain area. This includes a ride down to the hostel in Glencliff.

Here is a list of the hikers we met along the way ...

Mole Man
Pebbles
Jolly Green Giant
Salsa
Fat Camp
Huff n Puff
Rocky
Bullwinkle
Slow Leak
Truth & Mercy (the newlyweds)
Pond Water
Snickers
Just Joe
Soft Lipped Swamp Donkey
Cletus
Sheep Frog
Blue Bird
Abandon
Ten Speed
Can Do Man
Caveman
Boots
Kansas
Chestnut
Fruity Pie
Wolf Clan
Mountain Squid

This is not the order in which we met them and there is a mix of northbound and southbound hikers on the list.

'Slogger

StarLyte
07-16-2006, 11:30
Very nice 'Slog---I know the 2 of you had fun. Thanks for posting that hiker list too.

Did you get any photos? Love 'dem photos.

I'm leaving here Friday for the SE ADKs then up to New England for several weeks. I'm looking forward to it all.

Anyone wanting to join, send me a private message. I'm not much of a talker though.

Marsha

Footslogger
07-16-2006, 18:11
Very nice 'Slog---I know the 2 of you had fun. Thanks for posting that hiker list too.

Did you get any photos? Love 'dem photos.

I'm leaving here Friday for the SE ADKs then up to New England for several weeks. I'm looking forward to it all.

Anyone wanting to join, send me a private message. I'm not much of a talker though.

Marsha
===========================
YUP ...got plenty of photos. Since this was our 2006 "Re-living the Dream Tour" we plan to put together a little DVD.

'Slogger

Heater
07-16-2006, 21:03
YUP ...got plenty of photos. Since this was our 2006 "Re-living the Dream Tour" we plan to put together a little DVD.

'Slogger

Saw a 2003 thruhiker last Thursday. Do you know Dred?

Hangman
07-16-2006, 21:57
Just came back from section in pa. meet
bumble bee
compass rose
kids meal
hollywood
low gear
super dave
diva
and a few others i forgot there names,they were either heading to or just left 501 shelter they all loved the solar shower and chance to order pizza. big thanks to the blue mountain trail maintainers who were out there today in 95 degree weather with weedwackers clearing over growth and poisen ivey from section north of swatha gap.:sun

theCaveman
07-17-2006, 01:48
You ran into caveman? Caveman not remember.

Footslogger
07-17-2006, 08:01
Saw a 2003 thruhiker last Thursday. Do you know Dred?
Know of him but never met him personally.

'Slogger

Footslogger
07-17-2006, 08:02
You ran into caveman? Caveman not remember.
============================
You've got a cousin ...

'Slogger

The Solemates
07-17-2006, 10:06
Just got back from the Smokies and met two NOBO thru-hikers who are bringing up the tail. They hope to be finished by this fall, but were prepared to jump up to Katahdin if needed. They didnt have trail names yet.

Bare Bear
07-18-2006, 15:23
A large group of NOBOs in Kent to Salisbury CT area just had some great trail magic from Brave Dave, Walkie Talkie, and Privy Boy. 100 degrees days are making us wimps and doing ten miles then hiding in AC the rest of the day where we can find it. Hope this heat breaks soon. First we had record floods now record heat. Hail the Class of 2006, we will record! :)

Wolfclan
07-25-2006, 18:32
Thanks for the TRAIL MAGIC!!!! Did my section and I am home with my wife, bees, chickens and garden. Life is good, no GREAT.

Footslogger
07-26-2006, 10:13
Thanks for the TRAIL MAGIC!!!! Did my section and I am home with my wife, bees, chickens and garden. Life is good, no GREAT.
==========================
Just glad we were able to "be there" as you passed thru. Even better that we got to cross paths several times.

Know what you mean about being home too. Enjoyed our time on the trail but there's NO place like home !!

'Slogger and BadAss Turtle

boarstone
09-23-2006, 15:40
Baltimore (Bill) has passed Jo-Mary Rd crossing in the "100 mile wilderness" in Maine.

twosticks
10-02-2006, 13:47
Just did a section hike in MD this weekend and came across two SOBO's twosteps and her friend. i didn't catch his name. Goodluck you two and i hope you enjoyed the beer.