PDA

View Full Version : how I got my trail name

undergroundnathan
07-20-2006, 16:30
HEY EVERYONE,Befor I tell My story,I want you to know that I dont want to afend any one.I strongly bealeve in the no trace rule,with all my heart.three years ago I was a green horn,fresh and new at long distance hiking,not much exsperince and carring way to much weight.Well thanks to miss janet and her breakfest storys,some peopole have heard the second version of my story which I say is a little far fetched.Some of you had heard this story and some of you havent. Miss janet states she heard this from another hiker.well nathan was thumping down the trail with a giant boom box on his shoulders just dancing to the music,when all of the sudden the batteries went dead.so he dug a three foot deep hole,and burried the boom box giving it a proper buriel . Now My version three years ago I was hiking north from amacola falls,when the weight started getting to me and things were falling out of my pack.about two miles north of the hike inn I stoped and I unloaded My back and got read of a few things burring the things,one of the things I buried was a sony walkman radio. A couple days latter I told the story at a shelter to a few hikers,and jester named me underground radio.At first I realy dident like It ,but most hikers called me underground for short,it kind a grew on me so I stuck with underground.thank you for hearing my story, scincerly underground.

Lone Wolf
07-20-2006, 16:33
Very cool. But the environmentalist whackos are gonna be all over you.:D

kyhipo
07-20-2006, 16:44
I reckin even the trail could use a little tunes.:eek: ky

One Leg
07-20-2006, 18:52
Very cool. But the environmentalist whackos are gonna be all over you.:D

Now THAT'S funny....

Hundred years from now, some poor soul's gonna be waltzin' around with a metal detector and come across that walkman and wonder who would bury a perfectly good walkman... If it had energizer bunny batteries in it, it might still work!!!

What happens when you put the batteries in backward on the energizer bunny?

He keeps coming, and coming, and coming, and coming...................

undergroundnathan
07-20-2006, 19:36
HEY THERE,I have a condition called tardavedysknisa it was caused by pycatropic medication.Im off the medicine now but it caused perment nerve damage so I have a speach imparement.If I can raise the money by next year hiking season I will hike for TARDAVEDYSKNISA AWARENESS.There is a place that works twords awaerness of the condition,its Called WE MOVE,its on the internet if you want more information about it.Ive been low on money so I havent called them yet to ask for there moral suport for my hike but I will.Take care everybody, scincerly underground.

Skidsteer
07-20-2006, 20:03
HEY THERE,I have a condition called tardavedysknisa it was caused by pycatropic medication.Im off the medicine now but it caused perment nerve damage so I have a speach imparement.If I can raise the money by next year hiking season I will hike for TARDAVEDYSKNISA AWARENESS.There is a place that works twords awaerness of the condition,its Called WE MOVE,its on the internet if you want more information about it.Ive been low on money so I havent called them yet to ask for there moral suport for my hike but I will.Take care everybody, scincerly underground.

Here's a link for those unfamiliar with the condition:

http://www.ninds.nih.gov/disorders/tardive/tardive.htm

Wemove (http://www.wemove.org/)

RockyTrail
07-20-2006, 20:36
Nathan, sounds like you're a natural geocacher...
how many people will be hunting for that Sony Walkman :-)

TOW
07-20-2006, 22:09
i like that story, so cool........

LIhikers
07-21-2006, 16:07
I guess most of us that have a trail name also have a story to go with the name. A good friend of mine named me fallsdownalot after she saw me slip and fall on several succsessive hikes.:eek:

Alligator
07-21-2006, 17:01
Now THAT'S funny....

Hundred years from now, some poor soul's gonna be waltzin' around with a metal detector and come across that walkman and wonder who would bury a perfectly good walkman... If it had energizer bunny batteries in it, it might still work!!!
...You laugh, but when I was hiking through Caledonia State Park, there was a guy out with a metal detector. Someone might find it even sooner!

GreyGoose
07-21-2006, 17:21
Hi undergroundnathan

I really admire and respect you for telling your story and I found it very interesting and inspiring. I also read some of your other posts and I admire your courage in overcoming obstacles (like the ones you've mentioned) and hiking the trail. I too have mental/physical health issues that inhibit me and make it difficult for me to make friends which makes me very sad because I long to be part of something...a group...etc. Sometimes when people treat me "differently" or ignore me, I feel rejected and it hurts.

All I can say is that you are a hero and I would'nt give a second thought to being your friend because I am like an animal...I never judge and I always offer unconditional acceptance in an otherwise intolerant society.

Anyway, take care my friend and thank's for sharing...

- Regards, Tim

StarLyte
07-21-2006, 17:49
Hi undergroundnathan

I really admire and respect you for telling your story and I found it very interesting and inspiring. I also read some of your other posts and I admire your courage in overcoming obstacles (like the ones you've mentioned) and hiking the trail. I too have mental/physical health issues that inhibit me and make it difficult for me to make friends which makes me very sad because I long to be part of something...a group...etc. Sometimes when people treat me "differently" or ignore me, I feel rejected and it hurts.

All I can say is that you are a hero and I would'nt give a second thought to being your friend because I am like an animal...I never judge and I always offer unconditional acceptance in an otherwise intolerant society.

Anyway, take care my friend and thank's for sharing...

- Regards, Tim

Very nice GreyGoose.

RockyTrail
07-21-2006, 17:50

It's quite possible...there was a B-24 airplane called the "Lady Be Good" that crashed in the Libyan desert in 1943. When it was discovered in 1959, the radios and machine guns still worked; in fact the survey aircraft borrowed one of the radios because his was out of order.

Just to keep this hiking related, one of the crew members walked 109 miles in the Libyan desert over an 8-day period with no water.:eek:

http://www.qmfound.com/lady_be_good_b-24_bomber_recovery.htm

One Leg
07-21-2006, 19:47
Just to keep this hiking related, one of the crew members walked 109 miles in the Libyan desert over an 8-day period with no water.:eek:

LOL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

mweinstone
07-21-2006, 19:56
i just added ski to matthew.no i dont ski and am not polish. just added it so i would have a trail name. since i was 16.