PDA

View Full Version : story time-In the clouds.

undergroundnathan
07-22-2006, 11:58
This isent about the AT,but It does concern hiking,so sit back and relax during story time,well this was about ten years ago,I was driving my beat up green buick with a 350 engine,going west,actualy I was headed to washington state.I was in north dakota at the time,the landscape was fairly flat yetit started to roll.All of the sudden out of no where was little bluffs and rocks,it was starting to get pretty neat,A little latter on I came up on a sing THEODORE ROOSEVELT NATIONAL PARK,the badlands.I aproched the entrance,What the hell,might as well check it out ,as I was coming up to the visitor center,whats that I thought to my self,ITS BUFFALOO,there was three of them in the parking lot,MAN they were big.I parked the car,there was a trail ,it was early might as well go on a day hike,so I did.It was real pretty,all of the sudden I see heads,little heads hundreds of them,prairy dogs,It was a village of prairy dogs.They were poking there heads in and out of the holes and running around like crazys.well I hiked for a few hours and I went back to the car and took off.TWO days latter,I entered cascade mountain national park in washington state,the mountains were big some of still had snow on them.I drove past A lake,I pulled into a little parking lot,finding a trail along a river,looked remote enough,and was quite pretty. went hiking,I hiked along the river for about two hours,then I started going up,and up I went through the tall trees.For about three hours I went up,Finnaly it looked like I was about the top of the mountain,now there was snow.I walked through it till I made the top,It was great rocky pointed looking mountains all around me.And the clouds,there was a cloud below me on the hill,I walked down into the cloud,till I was waste deep,I was HIPED,IT WAS GREAT TO STAND IN A CLOUD.I was done so I turned around and went back,running most of the way down,I had fun.Till next story time sincerly underground.