PDA

View Full Version : USMC Hikers

frieden
07-23-2006, 08:47
How many USMC hikers are out there? It seems like everywhere I turn, there is a post with "Semper Fi" or "Ooh-Rah".

I am the daughter and mother of a Marine. I had a stroke, which ended my USMC career in the JAG. :(

Are any of you near Camp Pendleton or 29 Palms? I'd like to find someone to train with, once I get out there in Sept. I don't know a thing about hiking in CA.

K0OPG
07-23-2006, 09:30
Well semper fi Marine.

son-in-law is in the Marines just transferred from 29Palms (stumps) to Parris Island. He is a platoon commander. was with 1/7 in 29 palms.

I retired in June 2003 and am now working for Dept. of Homeland Security.

How long were you in? Where were you staitoned?

Brief history: Boot Camp Parris island, school - Camp Johnson (admin), Det A 3d FSSG, iwakuni JA, back to Camp Johnson as perm pers, Memphis with MAG-42 Det B, back to MCAS New River (mals-29/H&HS), recruiting duty WV, Instructor Camp Johnson admin school, MAWTS-1, MCAS Yuma AZ till retirement. Moved back to jacksonville NC (due to owning a house there), hired by Homeland Security and moved to WV (back home for my wife).

Plan on thruhiking next year.

good luck and OOH-RAH,:)

johnny quest
07-23-2006, 19:25
if your in 29 stumps now i can tell you some great hiking areas. lots of great stuff around there. if i like you i might tell you about the miners cave....

Sundancekid
07-23-2006, 19:42
EAS in Feb 07 and start thru the 28th of the same month. Infantry Marine with 3rd BN 2nd Marines India Co 3rd Plt from 99-03. Deployed in support of Afghanistan operations in 02, invaded Iraq in march 03. Currently working as a primary marksmanship instructor and combat marksmanship instructor at Parris Island.

Lone Wolf
07-23-2006, 20:16
Parris Island, 3rd Btl. 77
Camp Johnson Motor T school
Camp Hansen, Okinawa 3rd Combat Engineer Batallion
Camp LeJeune, French Creek. 8th Engineer Support Btl.
Semper Fi! Get Some!!

frieden
07-28-2006, 12:19
Too Heavy Marines:

http://www.military.com/forums/0,15240,106567,00.html?ESRC=marine-a.nl

mweinstone
07-28-2006, 16:53
gimmi fifty.sir!...private weinstone requests permission to speak to staff sargent latiolay sir!

speak slob.

sir! private weinstone requests permission to make a head call sir!

go.

the first lesson we all learned. from going to the head to bayonett class. ya gotta love em.age 17 ,paris island. AIT okanawa. 3rd batt.03 MO (GARENTEED 03 )PLATOON WENT TO EL SALVADORE . FOUND I WAS NIGHT BLIND . SENT TO PHILLY NAVAL BASE USMC HEADQUARTERS BLDG 75. CARPOOL ADMIN, MAIL, other bad boring jobs.