PDA

View Full Version : class of 2007 listen up

mweinstone
07-26-2006, 17:59
if everyone becomes a dedicated trasher and spends time de trashing shelters and trails, we could set a pressident.what woould it take to motovate to the next level? mass trashers en mass! we could have a map and drop it off to angles and wear badges. man ,.....common!

its nice to wind down a day with 30 minutes of trashing instead of ploping down right away.and its cool to start a day with a little fire of trash.just a 15 minite hand thingy. and the trash would dissaper for a long time contrary to what you might think. theres two facters working in our favor. one,...detrashing an area removes multipul seasons worth of trash. two,.. clean begets cleaner behavior and vicea versa.

questions comments concerns oppinions?

Lone Wolf
07-26-2006, 18:41
Fire pits are for wood only, so burn the shelters.

general
07-26-2006, 19:10
how would you burn shelters made of rock? a wise man once told me: if you hold fire to anything long enough, it will burn.

onicoe
07-26-2006, 22:50
well, if you have a large group convienently nearby, you could gather together enough stove fuel to create a reasonable explosion of cleanliness..

attroll
07-27-2006, 00:03
if everyone becomes a dedicated trasher and spends time de trashing shelters and trails, we could set a pressident.what woould it take to motovate to the next level? mass trashers en mass! we could have a map and drop it off to angles and wear badges. man ,.....common!

its nice to wind down a day with 30 minutes of trashing instead of ploping down right away.and its cool to start a day with a little fire of trash.just a 15 minite hand thingy. and the trash would dissaper for a long time contrary to what you might think. theres two facters working in our favor. one,...detrashing an area removes multipul seasons worth of trash. two,.. clean begets cleaner behavior and vicea versa.

questions comments concerns oppinions?
I agree. Maybe some don't like the shelters but it does not hurt to try and keep them clean.

frieden
07-27-2006, 00:27
I have some town stops pretty close together. In between those places, I was going to pick up trash where I saw it, and hike it into the next town the best I could. I couldn't do this on the long stretches.

Frosty
07-27-2006, 23:45
its cool to start a day with a little fire of trash.just a 15 minite hand thingy.Wouldn't a hand thingy in the morning make you too tired to hike? They're better just before you go to bed.

mweinstone
07-28-2006, 16:40
i find trashing while walking to suck . its not the time or the place. theres no trash of note except at the shelters,roadheads,and water sources. the open trail is for hiking and i dont stop for trash unless its big and obvious. but when i trash a shelter its cool to pick each man made object up no matter how small. even hair and sock fuzz. then you get an odd pile of weird stuff and you seperat it and crush and pack it and people watching sometimes join in and they learn how good it feels to walk away from a mountain top denuted of mans refuse.and then theres the storys i make up from the trash. they go something like this.

a beer bottle,....drunken hikers. a boot,.....drunken hikers with one shoe. the guts from a blunt,...stoned drunken hikers with one shoe. a can of hormell potted meat product. stoned drunken hikers with one shoe and potted meat breath. a burnned up rain poncho,....cold, wet, stoned ,drunken hikers with one shoe and potted meat breath. you get the idea.

Wonder
07-28-2006, 22:12
Mwinestone......I'm with you man! I'll see you in Feb. Less, ofcourse, the philly hikers wanna grab a beer :-)

lbbrown
07-28-2006, 22:41
Mwinestone......I'm with you man! I'll see you in Feb. Less, ofcourse, the philly hikers wanna grab a beer :-)

Philly hikers?.......Beer?...........who's got the Yuengling??????????????

frieden
07-29-2006, 08:20
i find trashing while walking to suck . its not the time or the place. theres no trash of note except at the shelters,roadheads,and water sources. the open trail is for hiking and i dont stop for trash unless its big and obvious. but when i trash a shelter its cool to pick each man made object up no matter how small. even hair and sock fuzz. then you get an odd pile of weird stuff and you seperat it and crush and pack it and people watching sometimes join in and they learn how good it feels to walk away from a mountain top denuted of mans refuse.and then theres the storys i make up from the trash. they go something like this.

a beer bottle,....drunken hikers. a boot,.....drunken hikers with one shoe. the guts from a blunt,...stoned drunken hikers with one shoe. a can of hormell potted meat product. stoned drunken hikers with one shoe and potted meat breath. a burnned up rain poncho,....cold, wet, stoned ,drunken hikers with one shoe and potted meat breath. you get the idea.

Ok, mweinstone, should we start to worry about you, or is it too late? :eek: Hehehehe. .....hair and sock fuzz....mmmmm......

mweinstone
07-30-2006, 15:25
did you know that all the shuttle astronauts complete national outdoor leadership school courses as part of there training to thru hike in space?did you know that picking up?of course you didnt. and as the national outdoor leadership school witch by the way has been called the harvard of the wilderness schools,....was the forrunner in minnimum impact technique, such things as how to not litter are covered in detail on each course. as an allumni of nols,..i wish you would not drop even a single pube.

mweinstone
07-30-2006, 15:25
did you know that all the shuttle astronauts complete national outdoor leadership school courses as part of there training to thru hike in space?did you know that picking up?of course you didnt. and as the national outdoor leadership school witch by the way has been called the harvard of the wilderness schools,....was the forrunner in minnimum impact technique, such things as how to not litter are covered in detail on each course. as an allumni of nols,..i wish you would not drop even a single pube.

frieden
07-30-2006, 23:09
I would love to do a semester at NOLS! I have their Wilderness Guide book. I think they should offer hovering classes to enhance the LNT ethic.

Oh, yeah....I need some sleep!