PDA

View Full Version : Help with HH/SuperShelter setup

BirchBark
07-28-2006, 19:30
OK, as a new owner I have a question that might make some of you laugh, but this matter has me totally stumped.

On the HH itself, including the snakeskins, tarp and undercover, which side of the fabric goes inside and which goes on the outside? I would think that the seam side would go in, as it does on everything else I've ever owned.

I'm doubting this because the snakeskins where shipped seam side out, and it's such a task to switch them around that I'm wondering if I might be wrong.

PS: And which side is up withe the underpad piece of the SuperShelter?

Thanks everybody.

Just Jeff
07-28-2006, 23:36
To turn the snakeskins inside out (or inside in), push as much as you can through the big opening, then whip it just like a bull whip. The small end will pop right through. I use JRB skins so I can't answer which side the seam goes on for the HH skins.

blackbishop351
07-29-2006, 00:54
The HH skins have a nice, finished seam wrap on them (the black bit wrapped around the seam), so I assume the seam's meant to be on the outside. This is probably to keep from snagging the seam on any of the 'guts' when the hammock is being skinned.

River Runner
08-11-2006, 03:02
The side of the underpad with the black binding running diagonally across it goes up.

peter_pan
08-11-2006, 13:54
Just Jeff, et al,

FWIW....Back when we made the Python Skins ( snake skins on steriods ) we intended for the false french feld seam to be on the out side....rational was that it gave one something to tug on and it did not put any extra material in the skins.

HH SS#4 will have more room inside if the seam,which is covered with bias tape is on the outside.... this seem like a good answer to me; as, one , that is how they come packaged....and two, they are just barely large enough to squeeze in a down under quilt that way.

Pan