PDA

View Full Version : No More Tennis Courts Needed

tiamalle
07-29-2006, 01:23
For years hikers has passed thru Franklin,NC and bought beer,whiskey and wine in grocery stores,package stores and liquor stores.But no alcohol sales by the drink or in restaurants,bars,clubs,sports bars,ets unless you had 2 regulation size tennis courts.Tiki Lounge,Depot Restaurant and Mill Creek Country Club had the courts.Now
this is the STUPID Jerks that you have the options to vote for in this so called educated sociaty.99% of the trash who runs our public offices has these stupid ideas.Everywhere has something this stupid run by stupid elected officials.In my opinion this is why our country is in the shape it's in.It is run by stupid people.By demand to Franklin city council the local residence were tired of this ignorant ***** and had a vote for liquor by the
drink and the vote was passed by a big majority.Now when you come thru
Franklin you have more options for entertainment.What do you hikers think?

Frolicking Dinosaurs
07-29-2006, 09:11
While I don't drink, I'm happy the residents and those passing thru will be able to order mixed drinks if they wish.

Wonder
07-29-2006, 12:36
I'm psyched......I"ll be spending my birthday with you this february!! Captn & Cokes all around!! Big party, then head back to Cloud 9!!

c.coyle
07-29-2006, 20:59
What a racquet.

tiamalle
07-30-2006, 00:13
What a racquet.I hear ye.Puts me in the mind of my great aunt Lizzie the lice eat up.I started this thread because so many
hikers couldn't believe this tennis court deal was for real.P.S.locals couldn't
either :rolleyes:

Wonder
07-30-2006, 01:43
Is that a private club sort of deal? Is a membership needed? Manay places in delaware and new jersey have strange laws like that pertaining to smoking...

generoll
07-30-2006, 07:53
now if Swain county will just do the same. be nice to have a beer after coming down from Wesser.

tiamalle
07-30-2006, 11:56
Is that a private club sort of deal? Is a membership needed? Manay places in delaware and new jersey have strange laws like that pertaining to smoking...No anyone could walk in as long as there were 2 regulation size courts.Ping Pong tables won't work,We tried.

Wonder
07-30-2006, 12:08
What were they smoking when they came up with that law???

tiamalle
07-30-2006, 22:34
What were they smoking when they came up with that law???They may have drunk some water out of a hikers boot that was left out in the rain :eek:

Wonder
07-31-2006, 00:00
They may have drunk some water out of a hikers boot that was left out in the rain :eek:

If thats what they came up with......there may be a market in that........
Can you imagine the next anti-drug add:
Just say no to boots! It stinks!

tiamalle
07-31-2006, 23:13
If thats what they came up with......there may be a market in that........
Can you imagine the next anti-drug add:
Just say no to boots! It stinks!It would draw attention huah?