PDA

View Full Version : Looking for "Right Side" from Florida

MDSHiker
07-30-2006, 10:41
Trail name is "Right Side" and he's from the Tampa Bay area. I last spoke with him in May 2005 near the Daleville, VA area. I was hoping that he's still on the trail and doing good. If anyone has ran into him then please let me know how he's doing and where you last saw him.

Thanks! (STEW)

MDSHiker
08-08-2006, 11:04
Oh my gosh...I meant to say that I last saw him in May 2006. Sorry about that.

Gray Blazer
08-08-2006, 11:28
I took pics of 32 thru-hikers NOBO near Tellico Gap Mar23-26 (Pics are in my gallery) Is he one of those? The dates seem to line up. I didn't get a lot of their trail names at the time. He may not have received his trail name yet. Next time I go out to Black Bald In Mar to meet Thrubees, I'll make sure I get their names.

Adom
08-09-2006, 17:55
I hiked with him off on from Pearisburg, VA untill Delaware Water Gap. He's a heck of a guy and a lot of fun, he was getting off the trail for a few days to golf with his father and that was the last I saw of him.

I ended up getting injured and getting off at Bear Mountain and I didn't see or hear anything about him beyond DWG but I'm pretty sure I was in front of him untill I got off the trail.

We had a couple bad days together where we talked about getting off or skipping PA, ect.. It was nothing but venting but things were said, I don't believe either of us were serious, I'm sure he's still truckin'.

MDSHiker
08-10-2006, 14:27
Gray Blazer, I didn't recognize him in any of the pics...thanks.

Adom, thanks for the report. I got to spend some time with him and he seemed like a cool guy. I was section hiking south and he was heading north. We sheltered together at Wilson Creek, built a good fire and did some talking about life. He seemed very determined and I was hoping he was still trucking along. Thanks!

Conductor
08-25-2006, 08:16
MDS, I didn't actually see RightSide on Tuesday the 22nd in Baxter, but I spoke to Skunk, who was hiking in the same local grouping and she said he was among them. So by that report, I would say that he should have summited Katahdin by now.

I hiked with RightSide and some others (local grouping) from Damascus through Pearisburg. He is hilariously funny, and a super nice guy.

MDSHiker
08-25-2006, 23:47
Awesome news!!

Thanks for sharing!!