PDA

View Full Version : Whiteblaze, you rock!

Pokey2006
07-31-2006, 15:05
Just a quick note to say thanks for all the information on this website.

Thru-hiking the AT has been a dream of mine since I first encountered the trail on Mount Washington when I was eight years old (I'm now 34 and at the Doyle in Duncannon, Pa.). When I finally made the decision to thru-hike, I had only two months to prepare, so I had a million questions I needed to have answered in a short amount of time.

Thanks to this website, I was able to get my gear right, my food right, my pack weight right, etc. etc. I didn't even have to post any new forums -- every question I had was answered by a quick search of the existing forums. I mean, everything, from where the nice campsites are to what do girls do about their periods...EVERYTHING.

So I've been meaning to say to you guys for a while now: Thank you so much to everyone involved in whiteblaze.net. This is a great website!

I hope to someday give back, once I'm done with my hike. You will most certainly be hearing from me again!

Pokey

nicodemus
07-31-2006, 15:18
you are totally right, I found out more in the first hour with this site than I could have ever hoped. When I finally get going, I know it won't be easy, but these people are helping me more than they will ever know

EarlyBird2007
07-31-2006, 15:37

Thru-hiking the AT has been a dream of mine since I first encountered the trail on Mount Washington when I was eight years old (I'm now 34 and at the Doyle in Duncannon, Pa.). When I finally made the decision to thru-hike, I had only two months to prepare, so I had a million questions I needed to have answered in a short amount of time.

Thanks to this website, I was able to get my gear right, my food right, my pack weight right, etc. etc. I didn't even have to post any new forums -- every question I had was answered by a quick search of the existing forums. I mean, everything, from where the nice campsites are to what do girls do about their periods...EVERYTHING.

So I've been meaning to say to you guys for a while now: Thank you so much to everyone involved in whiteblaze.net. This is a great website!

I hope to someday give back, once I'm done with my hike. You will most certainly be hearing from me again!

Pokey

Amen, Pokey.

You guys and trailjournals.com are absolutely great!

Pokey2006
07-31-2006, 15:41
Hey, a couple of aspiring thru-hikers! Yes, you will get all the info you need from this site. I've come more than halfway, and have praised whiteblaze.net the whole way!

Good luck on your hikes next year!

attroll
08-01-2006, 01:48

Pokey
When I say this I am sure SGT Rock will agree with me. First thank you very much for your kind words, but the users are just as much to thank if not more then SGT Rock and I. Helping other people prepare for a thru hike is the main reason we have kept this web site going. I have learned a lot myself from reading these forums.

The best thing you could to do to help contribute is to get the word out to other thru hikers on the trail about our web site and ex-specially to anyone planing to thru hike the Appalachian Trail in the future.

white rabbit
08-01-2006, 11:49
This site is GREAT! Thanks to everyone involved in keeping it up and going. I haven't done my thru hike yet but will some day after I retire, maybe in 10 years or so, but I do hike a lot. I have learned an amazing amount here to help me enjoy my time outdoors. Thanks again!