PDA

View Full Version : WhiteBlaze hiking shirts fall 2006

attroll
08-02-2006, 12:00
I have the new logo copyrighted and I wanted everyones opinion on this. In the next couple of months after thinks settle down here at the house. I was planning on making a post for another round of WhiteBlaze hiking shirts for those that would like to place an order.

The question I have is. Should I use the new logo on the shirt and place it on the left breast pocket or should I use the logo we have used in the past and put it like we have been on the left sleeve?

The only other question would be if users want the new logo on the left breast pocket would be what size should it be?

Please only vote if you are interested in getting a shirt.

New Logo
http://whiteblaze.net/forum/logos/wbhiker.gif

Previous Logo (on left sleeve)
http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/logos/WB-small.gif

Doctari
08-02-2006, 12:41
Now we gets POCKETS too!!!

WOOO HOOOO!

BTW, I love the new logo.

As usual, I'll take 2, Xtra large (Wish I still took a large, SIGH!).

It would even be good to do: New logo on Left shoulder. But I don't care either way.

Same Color shirt?

Doctari.

hikerjohnd
08-02-2006, 12:46
I say out with the old and in with the new. New logo on shoulder or pocket will be fine.

Jack Tarlin
08-02-2006, 12:47
My own two cents, based on feedback from folks who've purchased (or chosen NOT to purchase) T-shirts I've been involved with:

You mention a logo on the "breast pocket."

Personally, I don't like T-shirts with breast pockets, and own almost none. Other than holding a pack of filterless Camels, (which isn't really a feature most folks are looking for) T-shirt pockets are pretty useless, and I think most folks prefer shirts without 'em.

Alligator
08-02-2006, 12:54
Personally, I don't like T-shirts with breast pockets, and own almost none. Other than holding a pack of filterless Camels, (which isn't really a feature most folks are looking for) T-shirt pockets are pretty useless, and I think most folks prefer shirts without 'em.I'll second this.

Footslogger
08-02-2006, 12:56
Hey Troll ...I can go either way on the pockets but one consideration I'd ask you to ponder would be a "long sleeve" option.

Great looking logo, by the way !!

'Slogger

hikerjohnd
08-02-2006, 12:56
I think most folks prefer shirts without 'em.

Just an opposing point of view - when I am doing handyman work, I need the pocket and use it constantly for small screws, wirenuts, small tools, etc. I look for shirts with pockets over those without.

Either way I will purchase a new WB shirt - mine is kinda threadbare.

hikerjenz
08-02-2006, 13:09
I like the new logo will be my first white blaze shirt. How about the logo be big and on the back of the shirt. just my 2 cents

attroll
08-02-2006, 13:14
I did not realize I put the word pocket in the first post. What I meant to say on the left breast pocket area. There will be no pockets. It will be the same shirt I used before with no pockets.

Sorry about the confusion.

StarLyte
08-02-2006, 13:20
My own two cents, based on feedback from folks who've purchased (or chosen NOT to purchase) T-shirts I've been involved with:

You mention a logo on the "breast pocket."

Personally, I don't like T-shirts with breast pockets, and own almost none. Other than holding a pack of filterless Camels, (which isn't really a feature most folks are looking for) T-shirt pockets are pretty useless, and I think most folks prefer shirts without 'em.

I like the breast pocket. It makes my one breast look larger. I'll take size medium.

Cuffs
08-02-2006, 13:30
Indifferent to logo location, but I think that if worn while hiking, the shoulder straps would cover it up if its placed on the chest...

My only question is: Is this a cotton T or some "technical" T fiber? (prefer the Tech!)

attroll
08-02-2006, 13:38
Indifferent to logo location, but I think that if worn while hiking, the shoulder straps would cover it up if its placed on the chest...

My only question is: Is this a cotton T or some "technical" T fiber? (prefer the Tech!)
This is not cotton. It is wicking material.

hammock engineer
08-02-2006, 13:43
I like the breast pocket. It makes my one breast look larger. I'll take size medium.

Now that's funny.

aroth87
08-02-2006, 14:10
I've never purchased a shirt from here and was wondering what color they were. I've been looking for another wicking shirt and would love to show my support for the site. Thanks.

Adam

attroll
08-02-2006, 14:15
I've never purchased a shirt from here and was wondering what color they were. I've been looking for another wicking shirt and would love to show my support for the site. Thanks.

Adam
The color we use is a light gray.

frieden
08-02-2006, 14:39
I would think the sleeve would be the logical place, because of the backpack straps.

aroth87
08-02-2006, 15:04
The color we use is a light gray.
Perfect, I can't wait until they go up for sale :). Thanks for the quick response too.

Adam

FanaticFringer
08-02-2006, 15:15
I would think the sleeve would be the logical place, because of the backpack straps.

Excellent point.

the goat
08-02-2006, 15:18
i vote for the new logo on the sleeve.

looking forward to getting one in any event!

peanuts
08-02-2006, 15:23
I too can not wait for the new shirt. It will be my first....
Oh would the t-shirt be availabe in long sleeve also?

Skidsteer
08-02-2006, 17:35
New logo on either the left breast or the sleeve...or both.

SteveJ
08-02-2006, 17:57
I agree with the contrarian idea of the new logo on the sleeve - put me in for 2 XLs!

Big Guy
08-02-2006, 20:46
Count me in for a 2x. I prefer on the shoulder. Great new logo. Great Job Troll.
I wear m first shirt a lot but not while hiking. It is my about town shirt.

MistressJenkins
08-02-2006, 21:16

Sleeve sounds great... it would go great with my pack!!! :)

Frolicking Dinosaurs
08-02-2006, 21:28
Two large shirts for the dinos. I love the new logo and would prefer the shirt have that on the sleeve or breast.

SGT Rock
08-02-2006, 21:28
Sleeve. Pack straps covering it up just make no sense. Why have a logo if you can't see it? :D

Almost There
08-02-2006, 21:36
I vote new logo on sleeve, I'd take a XXL

white rabbit
08-02-2006, 22:04
New logo on sleeve. I'll order two large when they are available.

TJ aka Teej
08-02-2006, 22:10
On the sleeve on an XXL, please. Like the new logo, almost makes WB seem legit :D

Ewker
08-02-2006, 22:10
I will take 2 XXL :)

attroll
08-03-2006, 01:14
That is why we have put them on the left sleeve in the past. I don't know how the new logo would look on the left sleeve though. I guess I would have to get a sample done of it and see. But I think it would look weird because it would be a square logo and because the space ratio. But I could be wrong.

dixicritter
08-03-2006, 07:20
That is why we have put them on the left sleeve in the past. I don't know how the new logo would look on the left sleeve though. I guess I would have to get a sample done of it and see. But I think it would look weird because it would be a square logo and because the space ratio. But I could be wrong.

Well if you look at what the military puts on the sleeves of the uniforms as far as unit patches go they are all different shapes and sizes. So I think it would be just fine Troll. Maybe it could be placed like a unit patch and be just fine, I can't remember how the other logo was positioned or where Rock's shirt is to go look at it right now. LOL.

Oh I'd vote for sleeve too, btw. ;)

scope
08-03-2006, 07:30

I would go for sleeve unless as you say, it might not look right. If not, how about the middle of the chest? Many mfrs, adidas, puma, etc., are putting their logos there now.

We can adjust our chest straps to show it off, right?! :)

Oh, and I'd love to have the long sleeve option since it seems long sleeve wicking shirts are hard to come by.

Frosty
08-03-2006, 08:59
I did not realize I put the word pocket in the first post. What I meant to say on the left breast pocket area. There will be no pockets. It will be the same shirt I used before with no pockets.Too bad. A breast pocket would be a great place to keep a cell phone handy for easy conversing on the trail....

Frosty
08-03-2006, 09:01
As usual, I'll take 2, Xtra large (Wish I still took a large, SIGH!). Huh. Wish Xtra large still fit me...

Cuffs
08-03-2006, 09:44
Ok, I like the sleeve idea, but Troll's thoughts on its "oddness" got me to thinking...

1. I dont think that shape would be out of place on the sleeve.

2. I DO think that if the logo goes on the left sleeve, it will look odd as the hiker will be going "backwards" and not "forward" as if moving on down the trail (in the same direction as the wearer....)

Cuffs
08-03-2006, 09:45
I should have added if the logo goes on the left sleeve the logo hiker will be going "backwards" and if placed on the right sleeve it will be going "forward."

chomp
08-03-2006, 09:56
Wow, the new logo looks AWESOME! It really kicks some serious ass - nice work. I will take a couple for sure. BTW - for anyone that doesn't have one, these shirts are seriously awesome.

I'd vote for making the logo a bit bigger and putting it dead center on the shirt. I don't think that the new logo would look good at all on the sleeve, and there is the problem of the strap covering up the logo on the left.

But I bet that the new logo would look really great if you made it larger and put is smack in the middle of the shirt.

jollies
08-03-2006, 11:54
Why not put the logo on BOTH sleeves? That way if someone is passing you on the trail on either the left or right they can see all of the Whiteblaze glory! I don't think that the breast of the shirt is a bad idea either. If the logo goes in multiple places, it doesn't matter if it is covered up while hiking, does it? Why not do a combination of the website logo and the new logo? You don't always have a pack on your back, you know :-)

attroll
08-03-2006, 13:07
Ok, now the questions.

1. If I do put it on the sleeve what size do you think it should be? Would 3" x 3" be to big or should I go smaller. I will look into getting some samples done maybe this weekend, but I can not promise anything.

2. If I put it on the left breast area what size should it be?

3. If I put it in the middle of the shirt what size should it be?

Cuffs
08-03-2006, 13:40
Now that you mention it, I think 3 x 3 would be good for all locations...

FatMan
08-03-2006, 13:59
I own a wholesale contract embroidery business where my people deal with the size / location issue daily. The one fact we know for sure that there are no absolute rules and that everyone's opinion is different. However, if a client were sitting in my office and asked my opinion I would suggest the left sleeve because of the pack strap issue and would do at about 2 1/2 - 3 inches wide.

chomp
08-03-2006, 14:01
4.5x4.5 in the center on the shirt

Footslogger
08-03-2006, 14:06
How many people are actually going to HIKE in this shirt ?? That has a lot of bearing on the location of the emblem.

Personally I wouldn't ...and so I second Chomps suggestion and I would really like to see this available in a LONG SLEEVE version.

'Slogger

Alligator
08-03-2006, 14:51
How many people are actually going to HIKE in this shirt ?? That has a lot of bearing on the location of the emblem.

Personally I wouldn't ...and so I second Chomps suggestion and I would really like to see this available in a LONG SLEEVE version.

'SloggerI will. I just threw out my only grey hiking tee.

Ewker
08-03-2006, 15:45

'Slogger

I will buy 2, one for hiking in the other for around town

Rockjock
08-03-2006, 17:03
I like the "unit patch" idea 3x3 sounds about right. But I also think smack dab in the center is a great idea somewhere around the size of 6X6. How about new logo in center with old logo on sleeve.

Alligator
08-03-2006, 17:05
Please don't put both logos on the shirt. The styles clash.

chomp
08-03-2006, 17:22

Agreed - plus, the cost of printing will go up. Thus the cost per shirt will go up.

StarLyte
08-03-2006, 17:25

Yes, please don't put both logos on.

When you meet someone they will notice a logo on the front of the shirt.

Just today I was in the bank and the teller kept staring at my shirt and I realized I had on my "I Slept With Miss Janet" T-shirt :D

Footslogger
08-03-2006, 17:59
Just today I was in the bank and the teller kept staring at my shirt and I realized I had on my "I Slept With Miss Janet" T-shirt :D
===================================
I get quite a few stares out here in Laramie when I wear mine too ...especially when BadAss Turtle is standing next to me !!

'Slogger

StarLyte
08-03-2006, 18:08
that's funny 'Slog

Big Dawg
08-03-2006, 18:37
I definately like the new logo, and agree - not both styles on same shirt. I would like to see the 3x3 logo on either sleeve, preferably right, so hiker is going same direction-(although, that's a small issue). I also like the idea of a bigger logo in front/center(6x6), although it would depend on how much extra that costs, if implemented. Whatever the shirt turns out to be, count me in for 1 XXL. Troll, I assume you're not able to get "tall" versions of the same shirt-(you know what I mean, right?), but if you are, let me know, as my 6'5" fame would thank you!!!:D

Doctari
08-03-2006, 19:06
I wear mine hiking. I have 2 of the "old" ones, one is for hiking, the other is for sleeping in. When I get to town, I wear the sleeping tee for doing wash, it then becomes my hiking tee, & the clean one is for sleeping in.

If it is now an option, in accord with my first post, I would prefer the left sleeve. 3" is OK by me.

Doctari.

Rain Man
08-03-2006, 19:43

Yeah..... my youngest daughter asked me who "Miss Janet" is!!!

As far as the logo and placement, I vote for a big version, in the middle front. But it's not a big deal either way. I like the shirt a lot on its own anyway.

Put me down for one, Rick, size XL. And if we need to send in the money, just post an address.

Rain:sunMan

Trillium
08-03-2006, 20:36
I think middle of the chest would look best in approx a 5 x 4-12" size. I would buy 2 L short sleeze and 2 L large sleeve. also several XL's for a friend.

Footslogger
08-03-2006, 21:09
Anybody keeping track of all the orders ??? ...Troll ??

'Slogger

Skidsteer
08-03-2006, 21:17
Anybody keeping track of all the orders ??? ...Troll ??

'Slogger

I didn't realize we were ordering from the thread but just in case.....put me down for 2 XL. And 2 XL long sleeve if they're made available.

Footslogger
08-03-2006, 22:29
I didn't realize we were ordering from the thread but just in case.....put me down for 2 XL. And 2 XL long sleeve if they're made available.
===================================
We're not ...just amazed at the amount of advance intest.

'Slogger

attroll
08-04-2006, 00:48
No I was not planning on putting both logos on the shirt. Printing would not be much at all but I just don't think they will clash together.

attroll
08-04-2006, 00:56

No, I am not ordering from this thread. This thread was only for inputs. I am going to get a sample made of each.
One on the left sleeve. 3" x 3"
One on the left breast area. 3" x 3"
One in the middle front of the shirt. Maybe 6" x 6".

Then post the pictures and then take orders some where down the road.

Cuffs
08-04-2006, 08:54
Could you possibly do a small (3 x 3 or so) on the middle front of the shirt, at least for comparison to the larger size?

frieden
08-04-2006, 09:54
I just got a hole in one of my hiking shirts. Grrrr. I'm not doing "special" clothes for town, so I'd just need one Sm for hiking.

Frosty
08-04-2006, 10:12
I just got a hole in one of my hiking shirts. Grrrr. This is a good thing. It's ventilation (with duct tape as the cold-weather option).

Lilred
08-04-2006, 16:34
Love the new logo. Great job Attroll! I vote for on the sleeve and will order two of them, I guess in large. Are these just men's sizes?

attroll
08-05-2006, 02:02
I called in my sample order today seeing I did not want to drive the 150 miles one way to get them done tomorrow.

This is what I requested.

One on the left sleeve. 3" x 3"
One on the left sleeve 3" x 3" facing the opposite direction.
One on the left breast area. 3" x 3"
One in the middle front of the shirt. Maybe 6" x 6".

I should get them withing a week. I will post the pictures when I get them.
I can not get to many samples because this is coming out of our money and I don't want to waist it.<!-- / message --><!-- sig -->

Big Dawg
08-05-2006, 08:12
Whatever the shirt turns out to be, count me in for 1 XXL. Troll, I assume you're not able to get "tall" versions of the same shirt-(you know what I mean, right?), but if you are, let me know, as my 6'5" fame would thank you!!!:D

Hey Troll, any "tall" options for these shirts?

fishinfred
08-05-2006, 09:04
Hey Troll
Awsome Logo! I really like it.Wished I'd posted sooner (before you sent out for the samples).Like to see a shirt with a 3" on the breast pocket area and a BIG one on the back or at least Breast pocket area and the sleeve.
GOT STICKERS???? Send me your artwork I would love to make these for the site and its members.Let me know.....
Oh yeah.... I want a hat too :D
Great Logo !
:banana
Fishinfred

TOW
08-05-2006, 09:12
rick, I think you ought to put the AT logo directly on the back of the shirt just as you have it printed with the whiteblaze link right under it. the other bumper sticker you should place on or above the pocket.........

Footslogger
08-05-2006, 09:53
Man ...this is going to be ONE busy T-shirt

'Slogger

attroll
08-05-2006, 11:39
Hey Troll, any "tall" options for these shirts?
I am not sure. When I get ready to start taking orders ask me again. I will look into it then. I have my hands full with things right now. Sorry, I am not trying to blow you off.

drsukie
08-05-2006, 18:26
I like the NEW logo on the left sleeve.......:)

Grizz
08-08-2006, 08:18
How much, when and where??? Sounds great to me, would be glad to have a decent wicking shirt and advert the site on the 07 trail...Be good to see how many others would be sporting the logo along the way as well...

HIKER7s
08-08-2006, 08:51
Sleeve

I will take 1 XL and 1 L

kgilby
10-06-2006, 12:10
Great looking logo. My vote is for the sleeve. Sign me up for a large.

Buckles
10-06-2006, 12:40
...how about the logo where a left breast pocket would be, but leave off the pocket. Also, could the shirt be wicking instead of cotton? What good is a cotton t-shirt on the trail?

Sign me up for two (2). Large.

eArThworm
10-06-2006, 12:50
...I should get them withing a week. I will post the pictures when I get them.

Did the pictures get posted and I missed them? Hope we get to the ordering stage soon.

attroll
10-06-2006, 14:01
...how about the logo where a left breast pocket would be, but leave off the pocket. Also, could the shirt be wicking instead of cotton? What good is a cotton t-shirt on the trail?

Sign me up for two (2). Large.
I am not taking orders just yet. I will put an order page up probably within two weeks to starting taking money for them.

Did the pictures get posted and I missed them? Hope we get to the ordering stage soon.
Yes they were post in this thread rioght here:
http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16905

Gaiter
10-06-2006, 22:47
from my experience with my mother who has designed many t-shirts:
small logo on front 3x3
big logo on back 6x6-9x9 (in that range)
no front pocket, guys like them but not us girls
they aren't going to be cotton, are they?

I'll get a 2xl, i know you aren't ordering but I figured people giving sizes would give you a good idea of how many of each you need to get

Hanna

ocourse
10-19-2006, 18:05
I want one!

Hammock Hanger
10-19-2006, 21:05
If the shirts are going to be cool-max and made for hiking the breast will be covered with a pack strap and eventually wear off. -- The center front will be covered by the sternum strap but not as bas as shoulder strap. Left sleeve is best, just not as noticable. IMHO