PDA

View Full Version : New Here!

Creek Dancer
08-02-2006, 13:52
Hi everyone. I registered some time ago, but never posted until today. I love the website so far! Lots of great AT information. So far I have done about 250 miles of the AT in Virginia.

So are any of the bad kids from the dark side here? You know who you are! Ewker? HOI?

Ewker
08-02-2006, 13:58
hehehe dark side :eek:

:welcome Creek Dancer, pull up a chair and make yourself at home. Lots of great post to read.

StarLyte
08-02-2006, 14:03
Welcome Creek Dancer.

Dark side?

How about both sides? ha ha ha

buddha small b
08-02-2006, 14:40
Welcome Creek Dancer.
Are you planning a thru hike? If so you've come to the right place.

The biggest problem is that there is so much knowledge here that in the end you still have decide what for yourself what's best for you.

The biggest exception to that might be in the area of safety. There is a lot of good advice and it pays to listen to those with the most experience. There is only one way to hike and that's the safe way.

Enjoy and Happy Trails to ya'.

frieden
08-02-2006, 14:41
Welcome! Come on in! We're glad to have you!

Creek Dancer
08-02-2006, 14:46
Thanks for the welcome everyone! No, I am not currently planning a thru, but who knows what the future will hold. In addition to the AT, I enjoy backpacking lots of different trails in many areas. I've been backpacking for about 6 years and I have developed good skills, but I am always open to new ideas. I agree that safety is important.