PDA

View Full Version : REI - Almost got the hook-up

Just Jeff
08-05-2006, 21:36
So I had to take my mother-in-law to the airport today (:banana)...and somehow ended up at the REI...not even realizing it was their monthly member sale. NO idea how that happened.

So we got a few small things, nothing significant, but it's the almost gots that I was excited about.

First, I could see the HH from the door and I had to stand there waiting until the lady would let me in. HH Ultralite Backpacker Asym for $50! I almost bought it, at least to pass on the savings to someone here at WB, but it had been used pretty hard. Even the Spectra right next to the hammock was damaged...didn't think it was worth the $50, let alone selling it to somebody for $50+shipping. Anyway...still worth noting that hammocks are showing up at the member sales.

The other was a $230 REI Sub-Kilo for $90. Why was it returned? B/c it was "too hot". That's it. If I needed a new bag it would have been mine, but I didn't really need to spend the money so I wandered around finding other stuff to waste my money on...then right after I decided to get it for someone here, it was gone. Pisser - almost hooked somebody up!

They had a bazillion packs there, and a lot of them weren't the behemoths they usually sell. Lots of awesome deals on light insulation and raingear, too. Definitely worth the member fee for any upcoming thrus if you have an REI near you.

Footslogger
08-05-2006, 23:16
The other was a $230 REI Sub-Kilo for $90. Why was it returned? B/c it was "too hot".
====================================
I would have covered your $90 on the SubKilo (provided it was a regular length MEN's bag) !! No REI's here in Wyoming and the SubKilo is what I am using now ...but it's getting a bit worn out after 6 years and a thru-hike.

'Slogger

Just Jeff
08-05-2006, 23:20
I figured somebody would have - that's why I went back to get it. It was a men's but I didn't check the length. Sorry man!