PDA

View Full Version : Where does Miss Janet go when she's on vacation?

Gray Blazer
08-07-2006, 12:40
I had a great time in GA, NC, TN on my 5 days off. When I look back, I can't believe how much we crammed into those few days. It helps when you do all your driving from FL at night. One of my goals was to meet the Trail Legend, Miss Janet! Well, to make a short story longer, I found her hostel in Erwin, but she was on vacation between the NOBOS and the SOBOS (A well deserved vacation I'm assured). Her delightful housesitter did give us a tour (pics are in my gallery) and shared a few heartwarming stories about the wonderful things she does for hikers. Miss J, someday I'll meet you. I guess I'll have to thru-hike to do that. In the meantime get lots of rest and get prepared for those SOBOS. God bless you!

StarLyte
08-07-2006, 13:27
I had a great time in GA, NC, TN on my 5 days off. When I look back, I can't believe how much we crammed into those few days. It helps when you do all your driving from FL at night. One of my goals was to meet the Trail Legend, Miss Janet! Well, to make a short story longer, I found her hostel in Erwin, but she was on vacation between the NOBOS and the SOBOS (A well deserved vacation I'm assured). Her delightful housesitter did give us a tour (pics are in my gallery) and shared a few heartwarming stories about the wonderful things she does for hikers. Miss J, someday I'll meet you. I guess I'll have to thru-hike to do that. In the meantime get lots of rest and get prepared for those SOBOS. God bless you!

Miss Janet's is a very cool place isn't it. I spent 5 days with her in June. I had a lot of fun. Got to shuttle some hikers too. I'm going back for Thanksgiving for a few days. Anyone want to ride with me from Cleveland Ohio sometime, email me!

Jack Tarlin
08-07-2006, 15:46
Where does Miss J go when she's vacationing?

Everywhere.

I've seen her in the summertime in West Virginia, Pennsylvania, Vermont, New Hampshire, even Baxter State Park.

We were hoping to run into her this past wek, but I'm pretty sure she was down south somewhere, Florida I think.

Sometimes, the idea of getting AWAY from the Trail for a little while must seem like a good idea!

I hope she had a wonderful time.

Disney
08-07-2006, 15:49
Everyone favorite drum circle coordinator doesn't get nearly as much time off as she deserves. But she does go to some of the events up and down the trail. Traildays being by far the most prominent, but there are some others. I believe she also took a week off last year and took Autumn down to Florida for a bit. If you have a condo on the beach that needs housesitting for a bit, I'm sure she'd be glad to help out. :D

mweinstone
08-08-2006, 16:33
she really knows how to warm the heart and dry the boots.i wish her and bruno would get married. hes cool.

StarLyte
08-08-2006, 16:34
she really knows how to warm the heart and dry the boots.i wish her and bruno would get married. hes cool.

no you didn't go there Matthewski.