PDA

View Full Version : Philadelphia anyone?

norfamericana
08-07-2006, 17:39
Going to start training for the AT this fall & was wondering if anyone else in the Philly area is doing the same or maybe just looking to get out here & there.

Mother's Finest
08-07-2006, 18:20
always out in the Wissahickon area of Fairmount Park. Usually enter at a trailhead in Chestnut Hill, try and get out a couple days a week and Sundays........
you see a yahoo with a Lowe pack and that is me.....

peace
mf

Hangman
08-07-2006, 22:29
myself and a friend sneaker tramp, have been doing some sections in pa. in prepration for a spring 2007 thru. we have started slow doing a few 25 milers (2 nights out) just to work out the bugs in our eqiupment and get a feel of the trail. we are planning a 4 night trip labor day weekend leaving from winsor furnace and heading north. probally do about 40 miles depending where we can get off the trail to get picked up. we did one 15 mile day and felt like we pushed ourselves to hard to soon so we are going to listen to our bodies more . hope to see some of you all out there. anybody else hiking in that area that weekend?

whcobbs
08-10-2006, 15:14
Norfamericana--

I live in the Philly area, no through hike planned, basically an AT section hiker with an unusual craving for winter (Jan) hikes. I'm familiar with the trail from Duncannon to Port Jervis, section hikes elsewhere in MD, VA, NH. Drop me a line if you have a project (< 2100 mi) in mind.

Walt

Hammerhead
08-10-2006, 15:28
I defintely need to get out and train, and where I live it's all flat.

Just curious, based on your user name would you happen to be an O&A fan??

Wonder
08-11-2006, 00:37
West Chester here!! I'm always game.....trying to bank a lot of pa this year as is....

Boomer1ny
08-24-2006, 23:40
Do a lot of hiking on the Perkiomen Trail...a great 5-6 hour leg stretch!
Planning a thru of the AT late march '07

Boomer1ny
08-24-2006, 23:43
Oh almost forgot...planning a section...Rte 309 N to Water Gap mid sept

Hangman
08-25-2006, 15:37
we changed plans and we are leaving next thursday the 31st. and going from caldonia state park and heading north. till monday. probaly due about 40 to 50 miles. we are hoping to run into some south bound hikers along the way. anyone wants to join us drop me a line. we both live outside of pottstown/ royersford area. sneaker tramp tents and i hang in a hennesy hammock.

MikerTheHiker
09-04-2006, 13:53
I'm between Allentown and Pottstown. I normally solo hike Friday into Saturday every week. 16 mi/8 hrs strenuous trail, 20 mile/8hrs moderate trail are my prefered daily limits, with about 35mi in 2 days capping it. But, sometimes I'll hike just 6 miles if I'm short on time just to get out. I often drive up to 4 hrs into the Pa Wilds region. Drop me a line if you want to go with, all you need is to love backpacking, we can adjust the rest.

MikerTheHiker
I'm between Allentown and Pottstown. I normally solo hike Friday into Saturday every week. 16 mi/8 hrs strenuous trail, 20 mile/8hrs moderate trail are my prefered daily limits, with about 35mi in 2 days capping it. But, sometimes I'll hike just 6 miles if I'm short on time just to get out. I often drive up to 4 hrs into the Pa Wilds region. Drop me a line if you want to go with, all you need is to love backpacking, we can adjust the rest.

MikerTheHiker

MikerTheHiker
09-04-2006, 13:54

MikerTheHiker
09-04-2006, 13:55

MikerTheHiker
09-04-2006, 13:55

MikerTheHiker
09-04-2006, 13:56

MikerTheHiker
09-04-2006, 13:56

MikerTheHiker
09-04-2006, 13:57

MikerTheHiker
09-04-2006, 13:57

MikerTheHiker
09-04-2006, 13:58

MikerTheHiker
09-04-2006, 13:58