PDA

View Full Version : Damn, time flies...

Jack Tarlin
08-09-2006, 16:42
Geez, I've been so busy the last few days with F.D., Teej, and Weary (talk about your Unholy Trinity!!) arguing about the war, the media, the AMC, etc., I completely overlooked the fact that I recently went over the 3,000 post mark here at Whiteblaze.

Damn, talk about a verbose S.O.B.

(Tho I just remembered that Lone Wolf is something like 2,000 posts ahead of me; his are thankfully pithier).

Just wanted to take a quick minute to thank Rock and Troll for their years of work here, which has paid off magnificently. Sure, we frequently get off-topic, and sometimes it gets a bit heated (especially when we get political), and some of us, myself included, need to concenrate more often on Georgia-to-Maine subjects, but at the end of the day, these guys have managed to put together---and KEEP together---the best damned site on the Internet for those planning to spend significant time on the Trail.

And for that, I just wanna thank them.

Skidsteer
08-09-2006, 16:53
Hear, Hear!

Sly
08-09-2006, 16:57
I'll drink to that!

cannonball
08-09-2006, 16:59
Every time I see that Name jack tarlin on top of a post I am reminded of when I heard of him giving a 2,000 miler patch to a 10year old boy who was about to complete a thru with his mom and dad.

Cookerhiker
08-09-2006, 17:02
Same here. May you have 3,000 more.

Rock & Troll, thanks for your efforts!

Now, my nominees for the "Unholy Trinity" are you, Jack, joined by Bfitz and Just Jeff.:D

Frolicking Dinosaurs
08-09-2006, 17:03
Congrats to you on this achievement. May we fuss for many years to come. :D

Signed,
1/3 of the unholy trinity :dance

TJ aka Teej
08-09-2006, 18:29
I recently went over the 3,000 post mark here at Whiteblaze.
And many of them were about things you actually know about, I'm sure:D
Troll & Rock, I agree with Jack on most things, and I certain agree with his reasons to thank you both. Thanks!

Just Jeff
08-09-2006, 18:47
Now, my nominees for the "Unholy Trinity" are you, Jack, joined by Bfitz and Just Jeff.:D

Maybe - but that's just because we're more balanced and not raging liberals like most of you. MUHAHAHAHAHA!!! :D

Good on ya, Jack. And thanks troll and Rock.

SGT Rock
08-09-2006, 21:13
Thanks y'all. But special thanks to old Easy Hiker for starting WhiteBlaze even if he ain't here any more. And big thanks to Troll who ends up doing most of the heavy lifting on the sight since I am still at the mercy of Uncle Sugar. Troll deserves most of the credit for what you see here.

weary
08-09-2006, 21:17
Geez, I've been so busy the last few days with F.D., Teej, and Weary (talk about your Unholy Trinity!!) arguing about the war, the media, the AMC, etc., I completely overlooked the fact that I recently went over the 3,000 post mark here at Whiteblaze.

Damn, talk about a verbose S.O.B.

(Tho I just remembered that Lone Wolf is something like 2,000 posts ahead of me; his are thankfully pithier).

Just wanted to take a quick minute to thank Rock and Troll for their years of work here, which has paid off magnificently. Sure, we frequently get off-topic, and sometimes it gets a bit heated (especially when we get political), and some of us, myself included, need to concenrate more often on Georgia-to-Maine subjects, but at the end of the day, these guys have managed to put together---and KEEP together---the best damned site on the Internet for those planning to spend significant time on the Trail.

And for that, I just wanna thank them.
I'll concur in that observation.

Footslogger
08-09-2006, 21:28
[quote=Jack Tarlin]Geez, I've been so busy the last few days with F.D., Teej, and Weary (talk about your Unholy Trinity!!) arguing about the war, the media, the AMC, etc., I completely overlooked the fact that I recently went over the 3,000 post mark here at Whiteblaze.
=======================

Jack ...you need a 3000 post rocker to sew on your Whiteblaze T-shirt !!

But hey, what am I talking about ...I went over 3,000 a while ago ???

'Slogger

ed bell
08-09-2006, 21:50
Speaking of WB posts and all, I just noticed the site is 164 members away from 10,000. Nice work Attroll and Sgt.Rock. BTW is there a list of top posters anywhere? I seem to recall one on the left hand side of the home page.

Amigi'sLastStand
08-09-2006, 21:55
Lift a glass....

the goat
08-09-2006, 22:07
Cheers to that! Thanks Rock & Troll!

SGT Rock
08-09-2006, 22:13
Speaking of WB posts and all, I just noticed the site is 164 members away from 10,000. Nice work Attroll and Sgt.Rock. BTW is there a list of top posters anywhere? I seem to recall one on the left hand side of the home page.

Go to the member list. You can then sort the list by post cound and the top posters will be at the top of the list and it will work down from #1 which has about 5,000+ posts.

ed bell
08-09-2006, 22:30
Thanks, SGT. Nice to see it laid out that way. I even saw a few names that I would call "blasts from the past".:D

saimyoji
08-09-2006, 23:50
Whatever happened to old Easy?

Lugnut
08-10-2006, 00:08
Whatever happened to old Easy?

He sent me an email last year and was hiking the trail under an alias. I haven't heard from him since then. Probably in rehab or jail. :rolleyes:

ed bell
08-10-2006, 00:09
Whatever happened to old Easy? Congrats on # 1000.:sun

saimyoji
08-10-2006, 00:16
Congrats on # 1000.:sun

Well thank you, thank you very much. It never occurred to me that this was a milestone. Most people would probably agree I cause more trouble than good here. Nice to know I'm not ignored by all though. :D :banana

saimyoji
08-10-2006, 00:19
Now that I pull my head out of its usual resting place and take a breath of fresh air, I see that the above comments fit nicely with the thread title...:eek:

hammock engineer
08-10-2006, 00:33
I'll throw another thanks into the mix. I would be able to thru without this site. But there would be a lot of hard lessons to learn.

Thanks to all who post and keep this site up.

Nean
08-10-2006, 00:50
the top posters will be at the top of the list and it will work down from #1 which has about 5,000+ posts.

WOW, I wonder who that could be?:D
Thank you rock-n-troll !:banana

trailangelmary
08-10-2006, 01:02
And, another thank you. I hope to end up in the same place as Rock & Troll some day soon as we have never met. God bless you and all your hard work. I believe hard work keeps you young! Even though my body tells me differently sometimes!:welcome

bfitz
08-10-2006, 02:20
Always entertaining Jack. Whiteblaze is #1!!!

See ya at the unholy conclave this sabbath, guys.....

Frolicking Dinosaurs
08-10-2006, 07:37
::: makes mental note to spray unholy conclave with silly string on sabbath :::

Gray Blazer
08-10-2006, 09:51
Well thank you, thank you very much. It never occurred to me that this was a milestone. Most people would probably agree I cause more trouble than good here. Nice to know I'm not ignored by all though. :D :banana

I was going to say, I probably hold the record for being #1 on the ignore list of the most members here at what is my FAVORITE website. Kudos to you Jack. Moonshine, Miss Janet's housesitter, had nice things to say about you, believe it or not! GO ATTROLL!!

Nightwalker
08-10-2006, 11:59
Hey Jack! What was the advice that you gave DWM on the MS thread? Something like "Hike more, post less" or something like. Teehee, just couldn't resist. Or at least I didn't want to.

peanuts
08-10-2006, 13:44
:)Yes, thank you SGT Rock and Troll...... I enjoy this site tremendously!!!:sun:sun

StarLyte
08-10-2006, 13:56

:sun
You submitted some beautiful photos as well.
Thanks.

bfitz
08-11-2006, 03:20
Hey Jack! What was the advice that you gave DWM on the MS thread? Something like "Hike more, post less" or something like. Teehee, just couldn't resist. Or at least I didn't want to.
Well, relatively speaking, who has hiked more and posted less?

Kerosene
08-11-2006, 10:00
I'll thank Easy, Rock, and Troll, but my wife sees me spending w-a-a-a-y too much time on this board and views it as an addiction. I just tell her that the alternative is for me to go take a hike!

BTW, I used to be in the Top 10 in postings, but my counts aren't inflated with a lot of IM-like give-and-take outside the topic of the thread. :banana (Then again, one could question the value of my considered postings I suppose. :o )