PDA

View Full Version : Thru-hikers near lonesome lake hut?

Outing-Club-Captain
08-09-2006, 18:37
Sometime this week I wanted to bring some food up to the Thru-hikers going through NH lonesome lake area. Are there any around? Can someone give me some ideas on where to park my backpack full of food?

Thanks

Andrew

Lone Wolf
08-09-2006, 22:26
HURRY! THEY'RE STARVING! SO HELPLESS!:rolleyes:

StarLyte
08-09-2006, 22:35
HURRY! THEY'RE STARVING! SO HELPLESS!:rolleyes:

ha ha choke choke yellowtail choke

bumblebee
01-28-2007, 18:18
Hi..
I am starting on March 31st. I hope to be at Baxter early October..Best wishes to all...Bumblebee :welcome

emerald
01-28-2007, 18:34
Bumblebee, you're not trying to yogi food in the Whites already, are you? If so, you must truly believe in planning ahead!:D On the other hand, perhaps your announcement was meant to be more of a general trail-wide yogi.;) Regardless, happy hiking!

:welcome to WhiteBlaze.net!

weary
01-28-2007, 21:44
Sometime this week I wanted to bring some food up to the Thru-hikers going through NH lonesome lake area. Are there any around? Can someone give me some ideas on where to park my backpack full of food?
Thanks
Andrew
A cold drink, water, soda, maybe beer is appreciated by most. But people with the where with all to take a six month fun vacation are rarely in need of charity. My advice is that if you want to do good in this world, is to choose recipients in genuine need.

I know it's fun to participate vicariously in the adventures of others. If that's your goal, please feel free to do so. But don't think you are doing anything especially worthy in the grand scheme of human endeavors.

Weary

rafe
01-28-2007, 21:55
Weary... I tell you honestly, this (http://gallery.backcountry.net/at-vt-2002/aam) was not an unwelcome sight.

minnesotasmith
01-29-2007, 00:07
Between that, and the snow/ice, any thruhiker hiking the Whites has a hard row to hoe. How many can there be, right now, anyway?

rafe
01-29-2007, 00:11
MS... it's a weird thread. The OP's post was in August. IOW, it's dated. Moot, pretty much.

emerald
01-29-2007, 00:21
MS... it's a weird thread. The OP's post was in August. IOW, it's dated. Moot, pretty much.

Post #4 reopened the thread today and I responded.:D

weary
03-25-2009, 09:35

Thanks

Andrew
What a strange thing to want to do. Most hikers carry enough food to get from resupply to resupply points. What makes you think they may run out?

Weary

Frosty
03-25-2009, 09:58
What a strange thing to want to do. Most hikers carry enough food to get from resupply to resupply points. What makes you think they may run out?

WearyHe's not going to answer you, Weary. This was his one and only post and it was posted in 2006. :D

weary
03-25-2009, 11:05
He's not going to answer you, Weary. This was his one and only post and it was posted in 2006. :D
Whatever!

celt
03-25-2009, 22:19

Weary

It might be a strange place to haul in extra food for thru-hikers (a Hut with lots of food already, nearly two miles from the road) but finding thru-hikers who want to eat extra food is far from strange.