PDA

View Full Version : Appalachian Trail featured on weather.com today 8-10-06

Gray Blazer
08-10-2006, 10:23
I went to the weather Channel Wesite (I know that is not everybody's favorite weather site) this morning and I looked at the weather pic of the day, surf's up at Myrtle Beach or something like that, I clicked on view past weather pics and then clicked on the featured pic for Garden Charm. It is a picture of a butterfly sipping from a flower at Rock Gap Shelter on the AT of all places. Pic is by some guy named John Willey. I' sure he must be a WB member.

jlb2012
08-10-2006, 11:18
picture link (http://photo.weather.com/interact/photogallery/details.html?pid=108020&activitiesCategory=4491)

Nightwalker
08-10-2006, 12:08
It is a picture of a butterfly sipping from a flower at Rock Gap Shelter on the AT of all places. Pic is by some guy named John Willey. I' sure he must be a WB member.
Rock Gap shelter is only a few hundred yards from a parking lot. He may not even be a hiker. :)

Gray Blazer
08-10-2006, 12:10
picture link (http://photo.weather.com/interact/photogallery/details.html?pid=108020&activitiesCategory=4491)

Thanks, someday I'll learn this computer thing.:confused:

Gray Blazer
08-10-2006, 12:12
Rock Gap shelter is only a few hundred yards from a parking lot. He may not even be a hiker. :)

or.....he could be a cheap person from FL who knows all the free places to spend the night in NC. :rolleyes:

The Solemates
08-10-2006, 13:43
Those are everywhere. I found many near Charlie's Bunion a few weeks ago.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
08-10-2006, 14:47
I know a businessman from the Nashville area by this name. He is an avid photographer, but not much of a hiker. The composition looks similar to his other work. I emailed him about the photo to see if he's responsible.

Gray Blazer
08-11-2006, 09:35
I know a businessman from the Nashville area by this name. He is an avid photographer, but not much of a hiker. The composition looks similar to his other work. I emailed him about the photo to see if he's responsible.

I did not mean to be deceitful. I did not want this thread to be all about me. I confess. It is my pic. The reason I did that was because I did not want to be attacked by some of the rabid WB members who seem to have nothing positive to say about anything. Please forgive me. Thank you to all my WB friends who do support me and have nothing but kind words to offer to all. And special thanks to ATtroll.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
08-11-2006, 10:24
Great pics, Gray Blazer. I heard back from my friend and he also commends your work.