PDA

View Full Version : Anyone watch Oprah today?

Amigi'sLastStand
08-11-2006, 17:00
On Oprah today ( caught it while channel surfing, keep the jokes short:D ) there was a story about a hiker who was mountain climbing and had a 2000lb boulder crush his legs. A guy who he didnt even know scrambled heaven and earth and ant piles to get help for him. He lost both legs, but later went on the be the first double above the knee amputee to climb some mountain. I was too caught up to catch all the details. Maybe someone else did? Great freaking story, this is what are community should be about.

Here's a link I just found:
http://www2.oprah.com/tows/slide/200605/20060519/slide_20060519_284_110.jhtml
It continues for a couple more pages.

SGT Rock
08-11-2006, 17:13
On Oprah today ( caught it while channel surfing, keep the jokes short:D ) ....

RIGHT!!!

You were hoping for one of those makeover shows or one of those "Is it a girl or a guy" shows.

You ain't fooling anyone Amigi. ;)

ed bell
08-11-2006, 17:21
Lone Wolf? I KNOW I remember you saying you loved Oprah's show. How about it?:D

The Old Fhart
08-11-2006, 17:24
Who or what is Oprah??;)

FLHiker
08-11-2006, 17:27
Who or what is Oprah??;)

I think that's Dr. Phil's wife.

FLHiker
08-11-2006, 17:27
Here's another one:

http://www.isleroyale.info/cgi-local/teemz/teemz.cgi?board=_master&action=opentopic&topic=146&forum=General_Questions_and_Miscellaneous

Amigi'sLastStand
08-11-2006, 17:28
RIGHT!!!

You were hoping for one of those makeover shows or one of those "Is it a girl or a guy" shows.

You ain't fooling anyone Amigi. ;)

Ok, ok, you got me back. My turn.:D

FLHiker
08-11-2006, 17:28
That's about 12 miles - very difficult terrain.

StarLyte
08-11-2006, 17:30
You're all wrong----that is SOPHIA, Miss Ceelie's daughter-in-law.

Hey-thanks for posting.

mweinstone
08-11-2006, 17:43
i called dr phill and told him this really cool hiker chick named starlite was starting to watch opra and i was worryied.
he said alot of outdoor enthusiests loose interest and turn to tv
but he had no answer for why an

mweinstone
08-11-2006, 17:44
appalachian trail thru hike would go to the exstreems of opra addiction.

Cedar Tree
08-11-2006, 18:28
I saw some of the show, I got a wife. The hiker who lost his legs was pretty inspiring, climbed kilamanjaro (I know I butchered that spelling, but you can sound out the mountain) after his accident. He was trapped by a boulder for 2 days. But the really cool part of the show was the dog born with no front legs. The ower taught her to walk on her hind legs, and thats how she walks. Gotta love that Oprah, Mississippi Girl.
Cedar Tree

Big Dawg
08-11-2006, 19:42
[quote=Amigi'sLastStand]On Oprah today ( caught it while channel surfing, keep the jokes short:D ) there was a story about a hiker who was mountain climbing and had a 2000lb boulder crush his legs. A guy who he didnt even know scrambled heaven and earth and ant piles to get help for him. He lost both legs, but later went on the be the first double above the knee amputee to climb some mountain. I was too caught up to catch all the details. Maybe someone else did? Great freaking story, this is what are community should be about. [quote]

I saw an hour long Discovery Channel show about this story. Amazing!!

oh, and don't be ashamed of watching Oprah:D, she's all that! :eek::eek:,,, no, seriously!!! LOL

& Cedar Tree, you're right, that dog was pretty cool.

Deb
08-11-2006, 19:45
Amigi,

This remarkable story was on an episode of Discovery Channel's 'I Shouldn't Be Alive.' It took place on an island off Queensland.

http://dsc.discovery.com/fansites/alive/episode/episode_02.html

Not only was he crushed under a boulder for two days, but he nearly drowned while his hiking companion was going for help because it kept raining and he was trapped in a creek bed.

It's a real life horror story that I'll never forget. The guy had an amazing attitude through it all and afterwards.

Deb
08-11-2006, 19:50
I had trouble getting that link to work but it should be OK now.

weary
08-11-2006, 21:53
Not me. Not today. Not ever,

Just Jeff
08-12-2006, 00:18
Haha - my wife never records Oprah on the DVR and for some reason she did today. I said, "Is this the one with the hiker?" She said no...then I saw the two-legged dog come hopping out. So I got to see the hiker after all...pretty inspiring story. The crawdad part was pretty funny, too.

Amigi'sLastStand
08-12-2006, 10:27
The crawdad part was pretty funny, too.
You are a cruel, cruel man.:D