PDA

View Full Version : All known SOBO's currently on the Trail.

zlucian
08-12-2006, 11:19
I am Lefty, currently in the Harriman State Park, NY area (~800 miles in) and was curious how many fellow SOBO's were currently on the trail behind us. Here is my best guess at the current list, compiled with the help of Pyro - also a southbounder.

Lefty
Pyro
Z Hobbit Hiker
Stretch & Goat
Soybone
I've Only
Lawn Chair, Colby & Pot Belly the Bear
Downtown
Sprocket
Dirty
Easy & Pepper
Ben & Claudia
Tyvek (uknown if he is still on the trail?)
BirdNut
Gator

Certainly missing a few names, but curious if we can compile an accurate list. Thanks for the help. Will try and check next time I've got internet access. Happy Hiking!

DawnTreader
08-12-2006, 12:02
I'm guessing these are the frontrunners...
My section hike ended in Gorham NH.. I was running with, in front, behind.. many SOBOS... As Far as I know, they are still on the trail...
Buddah
Warrgehyagi
Grit
Supernova
Small Pot...all the way from Gaspe
Beater
Coppertop
2 different Allyson's...one is Green Beans sister in law
A guy I started to refer to as Super Dave.. former pct, met at baxter... HE WAS FLYIN'....never saw him again.. any sightings???
pie
and some others I don't remember there names....
Hope they are all doing great.. I wish I was still out there with them!

Nightwalker
08-12-2006, 12:57
I'll be leaving Katahdin on Thursday, August 17th. Won't see any of you, but may see others.

Mr. Clean
08-12-2006, 13:18
And there's a girl named Rachel Cook I've been following on TJ.

tiamalle
08-12-2006, 19:41
And there's a girl named Rachel Cook I've been following on TJ.in Atlanta Marta has it's own meaning.Is Marta here have that same meaning?

TOW
08-12-2006, 19:46
I'll be leaving Katahdin on Thursday, August 17th. Won't see any of you, but may see others.are you hiking all the way, keep me posted bro, if i can help, i will do my best...........

Nightwalker
08-13-2006, 02:43
are you hiking all the way, keep me posted bro, if i can help, i will do my best...........
That's the plan. And thanks. :)

StarLyte
08-13-2006, 06:37
That's the plan. And thanks. :)

I'll be thinking about you. I'm very excited for you.

I hope the weather is perfect on your climb to the big K :sun

Nightwalker
08-14-2006, 12:12
I'll be thinking about you. I'm very excited for you.

I hope the weather is perfect on your climb to the big K :sun
I hope that I don't have to hike 19 miles Thursday before I can legally camp! Here's hoping for an open spot at Katahdin Stream. :)

gsingjane
08-14-2006, 13:42
Has anybody run into NattyD from Connecticut? He started in May, I think.

Jane in CT

SawnieRobertson
08-14-2006, 16:55
:welcome
I hope that I don't have to hike 19 miles Thursday before I can legally camp! Here's hoping for an open spot at Katahdin Stream. :)

Hey! I hope the gods are kinder to you than that. You have doubtlessly been following Marta's journal. You are in for a challenge, but, reading her accounts, I'm sure that you have prepared yourself mentally.

SOBO is supposed to be all downhill, so I'm sure it'll be a cinch for you.

Happy hiking!

Kinnickinic :banana

trailangelmary
08-15-2006, 23:50
ZHobbitt went through Duncannon, PA Last week

greentick
08-30-2006, 07:29
AKA "Captain Seagrass." SOBO from Katahdin on 6 July 2006. He's taking his time and has had some resupply issues - he eats only raw foods. Still gittin it done.

Rain Man
09-18-2006, 10:59
ZHobbitt went through Duncannon, PA Last week

My wife and I met Z. Hobbit yesterday afternoon at 1:00 at Deep Gap, NC (that's about 12 or 13 miles north of Hot Springs). He started June 3 from Katahdin, where he said the visibility was about 10 feet! He hopes to go back some day when he can see.

He was looking good yesterday. His WhiteBlaze ID is "AkimboRdr5." Got a photo I'll post in my WhiteBlaze Photo Gallery. He said he'd be in Hot Springs later in the day and some of his family from Asheville were picking him up for a day.

Let's see if this photo link works--
http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=12873&c=530

I was told by Elmer or the shuttle driver from Bluff Mtn Outfitters (can't remember which) that Z. Hobbit is the year's first SOBOer. Anybody know?

Rain:sunMan

Kerosene
09-19-2006, 12:04
While in the Whites last week I encountered a surprising number of southbound thru-hikers that started out from Katahdin in mid-August. They were making good time but didn't expect to finish until Christmas. We ran into Easy Feelin' at Mizpah Hut on Thursday, 9/14. I talked to another (who didn't have a trailname so I promptly forgot his given name) atop Mt. Lafayette on 9/11, and passed two others in Crawford Notch on 9/12. It felt like a lot of folks were looking to hike south with the fall colors.

refreeman
09-19-2006, 12:31
I just met a SOBO with the trail name Toby Run from PA. I met him on the summit of Mount Race in MA near the CT border. He said he started his thru-hike in the middle of July. He had red hair with a big red beard.
Good man. Very much into stealthing for the complete outdoors experience.

tumbler06
10-03-2006, 14:08
tumbler here.. any other sobos near damascus???? oct. 3rd??? polecat left dis mornin.....

neo
10-03-2006, 14:15
i met robert bibb in dalton at the bird cage last week
http://trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?trailname=4762
and easy feelin in the whites 2 weeks before:cool: neo
http://trailjournals.com/entry.cfm?trailname=4451

Johnny Swank
10-09-2006, 18:07
Keep on keeping on SOBO's. Those N. Georgia mtns get COLD in the winter! (Finished 1/11/00)

MOWGLI
10-09-2006, 18:27
Anyone got an update on Frank Looper aka Nightwalker?

Roland
10-09-2006, 18:33

He posted from Damascus, this weekend.

Skidsteer
10-09-2006, 18:53

Apparently he was in Damascus on Friday.....

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?p=253673#post253673

Marta
10-09-2006, 20:23
Nemo, Site Specific, Snapshot, Spoonman, Dorito...

There are a bunch of us out here now...just not hiking in a pack.

A-Train
10-09-2006, 22:46
I stumbled upon WB's own Frosty's journal on trailjournals the other day. Did he not tell people he was SOBOing? He started in late august and has been flying. I think he is in the mid atlantic somewhere.

TAMBOURINE
10-10-2006, 06:38
Hello I was in SNP The 1st of Oct and Fed Goldbond,Big Ron and i forgot the other fellows name they hoped to be done by Thanksgiving has anyone saw them since???Tambourine

Rhettamus
10-13-2006, 07:42
z hobit finished

Toolshed
10-14-2006, 21:00
I just met a SOBO with the trail name Toby Run from PA. I met him on the summit of Mount Race in MA near the CT border. He said he started his thru-hike in the middle of July. He had red hair with a big red beard.
Good man. Very much into stealthing for the complete outdoors experience.
Ran into TobyRun today just S of PenMar. Big red beard!!!

Marta
10-27-2006, 21:18
Hello I was in SNP The 1st of Oct and Fed Goldbond,Big Ron and i forgot the other fellows name they hoped to be done by Thanksgiving has anyone saw them since???Tambourine

Big Ron's older brother is Beebo Fox. Perhaps he's the other one?

DLANOIE
01-02-2007, 22:22
looking for pyro a.k.a. Josh from Vermont. I started my thru June 1 and got off in Gorham, NH. Just wondering if he finished or how far he got if anyone knows.

cutman11
01-03-2007, 03:01
Got a post from Tyvek, he left the trail due to back problems around the fish hachery rd in VA awhile back and will resume in april