PDA

View Full Version : AT Shelter Patches

dgladd
08-13-2006, 10:31
Does anyone know where I can purchase shelter patches. Our boy scout troop hiked from Springer Mtn to the Hawk Shelter a few months ago and we would like to present them with the patches at their Court of Honor next month.

Thanks

Kerosene
08-13-2006, 10:55
Ooh, I can just envision L. Wolf's response to this one. :banana

max patch
08-13-2006, 11:12
I know I've seen generic "Springer Mountain" patches in the past at the store at Neels Gap (Mountain Crossings at Walasi-Yi). Don't know if they still carry them, though.

[email protected]

Alligator
08-13-2006, 11:19
Does anyone know where I can purchase shelter patches. Our boy scout troop hiked from Springer Mtn to the Hawk Shelter a few months ago and we would like to present them with the patches at their Court of Honor next month.

ThanksIs this something you have seen before? I've never heard of this.

The Georgia AT club (GATC) gives out a patch for finishing all of Georgia, at least they used to AFAIK.

StarLyte
08-13-2006, 17:34

Thanks

Never heard of it. I'd say it's a local outfitter item if there is such a thing. Mountain Crossings Outfitters at Walasi Yi: 706-745-6095.

neo
08-13-2006, 17:47
Ooh, I can just envision L. Wolf's response to this one. :banana

:D go gitim lone wolf:cool: neo

Lauriep
05-27-2008, 06:45
ATC has free fill-in-the-blank A.T. certificates for Scouts and youth groups that can be used to commemorate hiking any portion of the A.T. We also have patches for each of the 14 states (including Georgia) and offer a discount to Scouts and youth groups on the Maine-to-Georgia A.T. patch. Write [email protected] or call (304) 535-6331 and ask for John for more info.

Laurie Potteiger
ATC