PDA

View Full Version : learning to listen

mweinstone
08-13-2006, 14:49
who on trail or trail community taught you the most that you will carry with you for life?one persone only unless married couple.you think of the lesson or lessons learned from this person often. you speak of this person as well using their lesson and passing it on. who would this be for you this year?

matthewskis vote,........dreamer and his lesson on self honesty.

Pacific Tortuga
08-13-2006, 15:28
who on trail or trail community taught you the most that you will carry with you for life?one persone only unless married couple.you think of the lesson or lessons learned from this person often. you speak of this person as well using their lesson and passing it on. who would this be for you this year?

matthewskis vote,........dreamer and his lesson on self honesty.

MY Grand-Pa, a true sportsman from Missoura.His life lessons always walk with me with a Model-T sence of humor.

mweinstone
08-14-2006, 18:12
john boy?
yes daddy?
john boy ,you lookin out after your mamma?
yes daddy .
john boy you minden your elders?
yes daddy. im doin just like you taught me.
mind your mamma john boy.
i will daddy. i will.

the words of others ring tru in our heads. and lies fall on the deaf ears of those who wont hear them. iits nice to have lessons from loved ones in our heads isnt it? you never remember the words of angry sad people . tru?

Amigi'sLastStand
08-15-2006, 11:35
My grandfather, on what it means to go to church ( the woods ).

My first Survival instructor, on how to stay alive even when you dont think its possible. I pass this knowledge on whenever I can.

Elo Endoa, RIP, a native Colombian Indian. This man was about the greatest rain forest survival instructor the world has even seen. But to him, it was just the way he lived. But he could TEACH.

On this site, Rock and JJ. Their gear reviews and advice are priceless.

Jack Tarlin on how to behave in a bar.:rolleyes:

DawnTreader
08-15-2006, 12:20
Matthewski..
I met Dreamer also, and I'll never forget what he said to me...
I also learned a lot from Brit, Warrgeyagi and Duncan

HIKER7s
08-23-2006, 12:31
My grandfather, on what it means to go to church ( the woods ).

This was a great statement, My GF also gave me the "woods" as church.

Almost There
08-23-2006, 12:42
Lone Wolf, he helped mold me into the "Blue-Blazin' Hiker Trash" that I am today!!!