PDA

View Full Version : For Sgt Rock ...

Footslogger
08-13-2006, 19:16
Hey Rock ...we just got back from hiking a section up on the Continental Divide. Came back through the town of Encampment and stopped for a bite to eat at the local watering hole. Saw this sign on the wall and couldn't pass up the opportunity to share it with you ...

No Sniveling !!

Enjoy ...

'Slogger

Sly
08-13-2006, 19:26
Pine Lodge Bar!

Not much happening in Encampment but they had all the necessities a hiker could wish for. Bar, PO, laundromat, motel, groceries (may be closed now), free camping.

Footslogger
08-13-2006, 19:36
Pine Lodge Bar!

Not much happening in Encampment but they had all the necessities a hiker could wish for. Bar, PO, laundromat, motel, groceries (may be closed now), free camping.
============================
Grocery store WAS closed but just recently re-opened.

Check out the other pics I just posted from the hike this weekend Sly ...They'll bring back some good memories I'm sure !!

'Slogger

lonehiker
08-14-2006, 08:00
I've had a beer or two.....in the Pine Lodge.

Sly
08-14-2006, 11:45

Check out the other pics I just posted from the hike this weekend Sly ...They'll bring back some good memories I'm sure !!

Yeah, Wyoming was a big surprse, lots of great hiking and very diverse. Also like your AT tattoo! 2003 in a puddle!

Nean
08-14-2006, 21:57

'Slogger

Yeah they did.:D Some good times at the Pine lodge too.:-? :banana Thanks Slogger.;)

SGT Rock
08-15-2006, 03:06
Thanks, I needed that :D

TIDE-HSV
08-15-2006, 22:33
to see you're back on the ground, anyway...

SGT Rock
08-17-2006, 01:10
I am. At least Baghdad isn't as hot as Kuwait. It was 61F in Liepzig when we did out re-fuel. It was 121F in Kuwait when we landed OWWWW.

At least it is only 116F in Baghdad.

bfitz
08-17-2006, 02:49
Rock...I mouth off all the time about War and Peace on this site...I may not know a damn thing, but I know you are there and I appreciate what you do. I know you are there to take care of our lads, and I thank god for men like you. But I know you have boys at home to take care of too, so goodspeed back home. May this all be over soon.

Peace.