PDA

View Full Version : On the Continental Divide ...

Footslogger
08-13-2006, 19:33
Headed up to Battle Pass near Encampment Wyoming and hiked in (southbound) on the CDT this weekend. Absolutely breathtaking scenery and an unforgettable thunderstorm last night. No sign of any CDT thru-hikers.

Check out a sampling of photos from our hike.

http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/vbg/showimage.php?i=12435&catid=newimages&cutoffdate=1

'Slogger

peter_pan
08-13-2006, 19:36
Another great trail....touched it twice last year my selg...great pics

Pan

Sly
08-13-2006, 19:52
The trail through the Huston Park Wilderness is great. Almost got lost once, had to sit down and think about it!

Footslogger
08-13-2006, 23:02
The trail through the Huston Park Wilderness is great. Almost got lost once, had to sit down and think about it!
========================

Yeah ...we noticed that, especially when you're walking through one of those massive meadows and the CDT marker posts are knocked down. Great trail grade through there though. You can really make good time and still see a lot of the scenery. Wish we could have hiked further but had to get back for work.

Mags should be passing through the Battle Pass area on his southbound thru in the next 2 weeks. We left him a note on the bulletin board at the pass. Hope it's still there when he gets there.

'Slogger

TIDE-HSV
08-13-2006, 23:15
and I spent our honeymoon where it wraps around Lizard Head Peak - in the South Fork Lakes. We tried to make it back this year for our 20th anniversary, but business wouldn't cooperate...

Sly
08-13-2006, 23:27
Yeah ...we noticed that, especially when you're walking through one of those massive meadows and the CDT marker posts are knocked down.

Exactly! :)