Amigi'sLastStand
08-13-2006, 22:45
Ok, start up a new thread. We will stay at Alexander, Outlaws be damned!!:D

Gray Blazer
08-14-2006, 07:13
In-laws, too!:rolleyes:

TOW
08-14-2006, 08:18
Ok, start up a new thread. We will stay at Alexander, Outlaws be damned!!:Di guess that leaves me out of the picture, not that i would have made it anyway.............

hikerjohnd
08-14-2006, 09:07
Why don't you post the details for the gathering in this thread?

Amigi'sLastStand
08-14-2006, 11:08
Why don't you post the details for the gathering in this thread?

Details:

Who: Us crazy Wbers
What: Canoe/Hiking trip
When: August 24-27, 2006
Where: Alexander Springs, C loop -- Ocala National Forest CR 445 off SR19
Why: Because we like to abuse ourselves by camping in August in Florida!

Actually, I stayed out on the FNST over Sat nite and if the weather stays like this, we'll be fine. It was warm but breezy. Skeeter's were horrible, but that's what DEET is for.

Sounds like we're gonna have a crowd. I cant wait!:D

frieden
08-14-2006, 12:18
My daughter messed up her dates, so she is coming in the morning of the 26th, not the 25th like she told me. Her dad got the day off, so she told me not to worry about picking her up. I feel like a worm, but she said that they are going to do a canoe day trip on Sun. at Weiki Wachi, so I'll just join them there. Out of the canoe, and into another! Anybody wanna come? :D
Ed and I will still be at Alexander for Fri afternoon, Sat, and leave Sun morning.

DareN
08-14-2006, 14:47
I would like to join you all if you will welcome a newbie! I've actually been meaning to join this site for some time, so I'm glad I finally got around to it. I'm having surgery tommorrow and will have a cast on my hand/arm for the next three weeks, but as long as I can function alright I would like to go. Never been camping in August in Florida before, so it should be interesting. Anyways, I look forward to hanging around this site :)!

Gray Blazer
08-14-2006, 14:55
Farmer's from Largo are welcome. Good luck with your surgery!

frieden
08-14-2006, 15:13
I would like to join you all if you will welcome a newbie! I've actually been meaning to join this site for some time, so I'm glad I finally got around to it. I'm having surgery tommorrow and will have a cast on my hand/arm for the next three weeks, but as long as I can function alright I would like to go. Never been camping in August in Florida before, so it should be interesting. Anyways, I look forward to hanging around this site :)!

Of course we will welcome you! :welcome See ya there! Good luck with your surgery! Just wear a plastic bag around your hand/arm while in the canoe, and you'll be fine.

Amigi'sLastStand
08-14-2006, 15:27
Come on and join us. :banana More the merrier.

DareN
08-14-2006, 19:07
Thanks for the warm welcome! I hope to see you all there.

Amigi'sLastStand
08-15-2006, 12:52
I called Alexander and Ann said no other large gatherings were planned, or at least no one else has reserved anything. I dont have the money to reserve the sites, or know how many ppl are coming. If you have enough ppl ( 4 per site minus kids under 16 ) and you want to make sure you get campsites together, call 1877-444-6777 and reserve your sites in C loop. Even if we arent all together, it shouldnt be a big problem. Peace and looking forward.

Amigi'sLastStand
08-15-2006, 17:51
Here's a Google Earth shot of Alex for those that have never seen in before:

Gray Blazer
08-16-2006, 08:13
Here's a Google Earth shot of Alex for those that have never seen in before:

Now that's awesome and brings back memories. I was born in Orlando, before Mickey Mouse. My parents belonged to the YMCA and we always went camping at Alexander. I went to summer camp as a youth to Camp WeWa and they took us to Alexander to teach us skin diving. I remember at the time thinking it was really deep to the bottom where we had to dive and put on our equipment, clear out our mask and come to the surface and clear our snorkels out. I,ve seen black bear in the forest around there. One on the FL Trail and two on the highways close to there. That was in more recent times.

Gray Blazer
08-17-2006, 10:27
Let's keep this thread out here. Frosty, something IS wrong with your computer. I can't send you private messages or emails.

Gray Blazer
08-18-2006, 07:55
Let's keep this thread out there for all to see. How many of youse are coming?

DareN
08-18-2006, 11:40
I'm uncertain right now as to whether I can make it. The doctor put a closed fist cast on my right arm and my truck is a stick shift :confused:. So unless I can borrow or trade vehicles with my brother I don't think I can make it. I'm also still in pain, but I'm sure that will be gone by next week. Anyway, if I go I'll call the ranger's number in the prior post and pay for my spot. I'll let you guys know.

Gray Blazer
08-18-2006, 13:59
Someone said we were going canoeing on the Juniper Springs Run. That's where that lady got attacked/eaten by the alligator. See ya'll there next weekend. Have a good weekend and keep this thread going.

Amigi'sLastStand
08-18-2006, 15:19
Wasnt she attacked during mating season? didnt she dip her feet right into the water where the ground was rutted? Did she have any knowledge of her surroundings?
Out of mating season, males are sane again and females are tending to hatchlings. No gator issues.

I will be there Thurs nite or Friday morning. Depends on things out of my hands.

I will alert the gatekeeper to our gathering. DO NOT PAY RIGHT AWAY unless you have four with you already. Tell the gaterperson you want to look for a site first in C loop. I cant make a sign or that's "advertising" on federal land, but I'll have them tell you where I am. That way we can share site expenses. I usually camp at 43 or 45 if I can. Its up the loop on the outside, on the left.

FLHiker
08-18-2006, 19:10
Wasnt she attacked during mating season? didnt she dip her feet right into the water where the ground was rutted? Did she have any knowledge of her surroundings?
Out of mating season, males are sane again and females are tending to hatchlings. No gator issues.

I will be there Thurs nite or Friday morning. Depends on things out of my hands.

I will alert the gatekeeper to our gathering. DO NOT PAY RIGHT AWAY unless you have four with you already. Tell the gaterperson you want to look for a site first in C loop. I cant make a sign or that's "advertising" on federal land, but I'll have them tell you where I am. That way we can share site expenses. I usually camp at 43 or 45 if I can. Its up the loop on the outside, on the left.

BE CAREFULL (http://www.wunderground.com/wximage/viewsingleimage.html?mode=singleimage&handle=JAXnVILLE&number=11&album_id=9&thumbstart=2&gallery=#slideanchor) on the water!! Have a great trip!!

frieden
08-18-2006, 21:49
We still plan on getting there Fri. afternoon. Amigi, can't you put balloons on your tent, or something? Do you know where we need to rent the canoes? Prices? What time we can start out on Sat. morning, etc. We are doing the canoe trip on Sat. morning, right? Just let us know!

I'm crammin' boxes everywhere, but my pack and gear are standing completely alone in my room. It looks like hiking art. :)

frieden
08-18-2006, 22:20
I'm uncertain right now as to whether I can make it. The doctor put a closed fist cast on my right arm and my truck is a stick shift :confused:. So unless I can borrow or trade vehicles with my brother I don't think I can make it. I'm also still in pain, but I'm sure that will be gone by next week. Anyway, if I go I'll call the ranger's number in the prior post and pay for my spot. I'll let you guys know.

I've had to drive a manual trans with only my left side operational, and I wouldn't recommend it. Do you want a ride? Largo isn't that far from Tampa. Just lemme know.

frieden
08-18-2006, 22:48
Alexander Springs Creek
Alexander Springs Concession
49525 County Road 445
Altoona, FL 32702
(904) 669-3522

Amigi'sLastStand
08-19-2006, 09:26
The canoes we rent at Juniper, not Alex. Not much as I remember.
I wasnt sure who was getting there when. If enough of us are there Fri, then we can go Sat. That would leave sun for lounging by the spring, nature hike, gear review, etc.
I was gonna put a poster in the back of my car window saying WB Gathering or somethin'.

Just go to the gatehouse, tell her (him) that your here for the whiteblaze gathering, and she'll tell you where I am. I will then come up with somekind of signal device - poster, flare gun, fireworks, thermite explosives, something.

When does everyone plan of arriving? I would rather not be the one in charge of timing shiit out. One, not my strong suit if we're not at war:D, and 2) hiking/camping is a democratic process, we should just come up with a come as you are/plan as we go plan. At least that's what I vote for.

But, as I said, if we're all there Fri nite, canoe Sat, BS and lounge on Sun.

And, please, no one be freaked by gators. Reassure the skittish folks, ppl canoe here year round every day. The gators aint stupid, they avoid the area for the most part.
Wouldnt the AT be funner with gators, scorpions, and black widows? Let's see who makes it to Kat with all their fingers and toes. Thru hiking would take on a whole new meaning. I doubt we would have the problems on the AT like we do today.

DareN
08-20-2006, 19:57
I appreciate the offer Frieden, that's nice of you and I'll let you know. I'm still on pain meds so I'm still undecided. Speaking of losing fingers and toes from the prior post, that's why I'm in a cast ... I lost part of my middle finger in an accident and they did skin grafts and immobilized it in the cast to fix it the best they can. Lots of fun, but it always could be worse :).

Gray Blazer
08-21-2006, 14:13
Are we having any activities such as the Lone Wolf lookalike contest or a trail mix eating contest?

StarLyte
08-21-2006, 14:21
Are we having any activities such as the Lone Wolf lookalike contest or a trail mix eating contest?

ha ha ha that is sooo funny Gray Blazer !!!

You guys just make sure you take photos.....and next year I'm coming down, okay? I didn't have enough notice to make it. I love hiker events.

You all have LOTS of fun !

Amigi'sLastStand
08-21-2006, 15:12
Yes, contests are:
Event Prize
First to the top of Mt. Dora -- 200 yds of camo silnylon
Timed event: Who can listen to a reading of Tj aka Teej's posts the longest -- year subcription to The Worker
Fastest hammock setup -- the eternal admiration of neo
Most trash humped out at the end of weekend-- free Ion Stove courtesy of SgtRock
First to flip a canoe -- hours of laughter from the rest of us
Tastiest rice dish -- A smile from Starlyte ( the best gift one can get;):D )

and last but not least ...

Lone Wolf look-a-like contest -- Thru hike of the AT on Jack Tarlin's back

Gray Blazer
08-22-2006, 16:57
Let's keep this thread going. This is the weekend! Someone post somthing interesting here.

Gray Blazer
08-22-2006, 17:03
Anyone bringing musical instruments?

frieden
08-23-2006, 08:29
Yes, contests are:
Event Prize
First to the top of Mt. Dora -- 200 yds of camo silnylon
Timed event: Who can listen to a reading of Tj aka Teej's posts the longest -- year subcription to The Worker
Fastest hammock setup -- the eternal admiration of neo
Most trash humped out at the end of weekend-- free Ion Stove courtesy of SgtRock
First to flip a canoe -- hours of laughter from the rest of us
Tastiest rice dish -- A smile from Starlyte ( the best gift one can get;):D )

and last but not least ...

Lone Wolf look-a-like contest -- Thru hike of the AT on Jack Tarlin's back

Something tells me that Ed and I are going to win the "hours of laughter". I'm bringing my float bag! :o Anyone who feels brave, can go in our canoe.

I set them aside, in a safe place, so I wouldn't forget them, and now I can't find them (and I don't remember if there was 3 or 4). If I do, the first 3-4 people at the FL Gathering will receive a free, lightweight harmonica! (red, blue, or green) So, yes, technically, I'll be bringing musical instruments, but don't expect me to play them!

I tried to make a reservation at the sites you suggested, Amigi, but they were first-come first-serve only.

Gray Blazer
08-23-2006, 09:35
The camp hosts can get pretty militant there. My son and I hiked there from Buck Lake a few years ago and as we were walking thru AS they drove up on their golf cart and demanded to know who we were and to see our paid receipts. I guess they didn't get many FT hikers at that time.

Amigi'sLastStand
08-24-2006, 08:24
Ok. Got a PM about Juniper.

WE ARE CAMPING AT ALEXANDER. Day hike around if we want, so just bring a belly pack or day pack. Canoeing is at Juniper.

I will be there Fri early afternoon. I will be in C loop. I drive a Nissan Altima. I will have an American Flag hanging on the light pole. I will leave word at the gate for ya'll. I go by Chuck off the trail, but I'll leave Amigi as well.

Again, we are a democratic bunch, so dont think this is set in stone or anything. But I figured a canoe trip on Sat, then on Sun we can lounge at the Spring, take the day hike ( bout 2.5 hours ) around the nature trail, I can show you where I was chased by the Alexander alligator, where I fell into quickmud, where I slipped off the hammock ( its a boardwalk in Florida ) and screwed up my back... like I said, I've been there a lot, lol!

Some notes:

For those of you coming from the West, best place to pick up food is in Ocala. Then take 40 to 19S. 445 is then on your left.

For those coming South on 19, best place to stop in Umatilla, Eustis, or Altoona. Once in the forest, the only resupply is a bar/convience store/mini grocery. Rough place at night ( especially Fri and Sat nite ), so avoid if you can.

Down from the N, stop at Palatka, then 19S the whole way.

If you are coming from the east, cant help ya, sorry.:D Dont know anywhere to stop.

There are nice bbq grills at each site, so bring a cooler and some steaks or chicken. I have two wire brushes to clean them, so dont buy one unless you want to.

See ya'll this weekend.
Chuck

frieden
08-24-2006, 09:25
I'll be bringing some of my AT gear and planning stuff, just to get opinions. I drive a silver Elantra, but I also have our picture on my profile. Since I haven't had the money to purchase a water filter, we'll be bringing a cooler of water.

I'm so excited. Yesterday was my last day at work, and I don't have to report in to the other store until Sept. 15th. Other than the grueling move alone - it's party time! I haven't been in a canoe in forever. This will be great!

Amigi'sLastStand
08-24-2006, 09:56
I'll be bringing some of my AT gear and planning stuff, just to get opinions. I drive a silver Elantra, but I also have our picture on my profile. Since I haven't had the money to purchase a water filter, we'll be bringing a cooler of water.

I'm so excited. Yesterday was my last day at work, and I don't have to report in to the other store until Sept. 15th. Other than the grueling move alone - it's party time! I haven't been in a canoe in forever. This will be great!

Glad I checked back in.

Other notes:

Wood and ice are sold at the campsite, and at the convience store.

No need to bring water. There is water at every third campsite. It is treated on site and is very clean and really really tasty. Unless you just have to have your bottled water, dont sweat it. It comes straight from the spring, aerated, bleached, unbleached, UVed, and refiltered. It is the best water in FL I think.

frieden
08-24-2006, 09:59
No need to bring water. There is water at every third campsite. It is treated on site and is very clean and really really tasty. Unless you just have to have your bottled water, dont sweat it. It comes straight from the spring, aerated, bleached, unbleached, UVed, and refiltered. It is the best water in FL I think.

Thanks! I didn't know that. That'll save me a bit!

Amigi'sLastStand
08-24-2006, 10:49
More notes, typing these as I pack and plan.

There is an ATM at the convience store, so money is close. The gatehouse did not take credit cards last time there in '03, so bring cash. The rentals, wood and ice are only in cash. A local guy provides it, and he aint got no stinkin' credit scratcher.

If you see a guy on the side of 445 who sells peanuts and sausage, STOP! He sells thee best boiled peanuts and sausage I have ever had.

Again, do not get a site until you have driven around. We can pair up sites, those of us going single or with dog.

frieden, Ed has to be leashed at all times in the park, not so on the trails ( Ridge would just love that! ). So bring your runner. And they are very strict on dog poo, so plan for that.

The rangers can fine you as they please. And I'm sure ya'll know how Lake county sheriffs can be to outtatowners....

Anyone over 50, has to buy the first 12-pack. Park rules, Grayblazer, sorry.

Do not forget bathing suits, sunblock, glasses, towels, butt pads, ziplocs, trashbags, and cold food for the canoe trip.

Bring chairs and Deet for the campfire. It's been 75 at nite in Ocala, so a fire wont be too hot. I have extra folding chairs if anyone needs to borrow one.

I'm sure I'll think of somthin else, so ......

flagator
08-24-2006, 12:35
Hey you guys, I was just cruising the web randomnly and came across this news story on accident. Thought it might interest you.
http://www.jacksonville.com/apnews/s...8JMQH9O2.shtml (http://www.jacksonville.com/apnews/stories/082406/D8JMQH9O2.shtml)

let me know what you think.
<!-- / message -->

Rainman
08-24-2006, 13:30
Wow. This event sounds great! I wish I had found this thread before I scheduled Cub Scout shooting sports range training for this Saturday.

I would definitely like to be in the loop for the next Florida gathering.

Gray Blazer
08-24-2006, 13:52
Rainman, I didn't know you were from FL. I guess I could have looked it up. Come on over on Sat night or Sunday and hang out.

Amigi'sLastStand
08-24-2006, 14:02
Made ya'll a special treat, well, if I dont eat it all.
I made some awesome beef jerky. It's better than usual, and always better than what you buy in a store.

So, if you have kept up with any threads about dehydrating or jerky making, I'll brink some along for you to try. So easy and cheap, its a no-brainer for protein intake when hiking.

Amigi'sLastStand
08-24-2006, 15:13
Must stop eating the beef jerky....must stop eating the beef jerky....

Man, this stuff is good.

1/3 cup worcheshire sauce
1 Tbsp of onion powder, crushed red pepper, paprika, beef buillon, and garlic. Or whatever. I eye ball it all, and add stuff as I feel. Be creative.
This is per pound of meat or so. Cut meat into 1/4" strips. Marinate for 30 mins

Preheat oven to 200F. This takes longer than preheating to 350, so give it ten minutes.

Lay the pieces out on high quality, thin steel cookie sheets. I layer mine with Al foil, but it can hard to clean afterwards if they are not smooth steel.

Leave meat in oven for one hour.
Flip meat over and cook for another hour.
If meat is starting to firm up, then prop open the door and cook unflipped for another hour.

If meat is still somewhat moist, flip it over and check it every half hour, flipping each time. When the meat has started for firm up, prop open door and cook another hour or two until the meat is firm and dry.

Easy and delicious!

DareN
08-24-2006, 19:08
I hope you guys all have a great time this weekend. I would like to join you, but it really isn't a good idea with the cast and the hand still being a little sore. Anyways, have a cold one or two for me and have fun!

Amigi'sLastStand
08-24-2006, 19:44
Next time DareN, and thanks.

StarLyte
08-24-2006, 21:06
Amigi-
The beef jerky sounds deelish. I copied the recipe-thanx.
I hope you all have a great time. :cool:
Next year.

Amigi'sLastStand
08-24-2006, 21:15
Thanks Angel. Next year you get your butt down here.

frieden
08-25-2006, 08:52
Hey you guys, I was just cruising the web randomnly and came across this news story on accident. Thought it might interest you.
http://www.jacksonville.com/apnews/s...8JMQH9O2.shtml (http://www.jacksonville.com/apnews/stories/082406/D8JMQH9O2.shtml)

let me know what you think.
<!-- / message -->

Thank God!!!!! Now that humans are getting sick, maybe they'll do something about the pollution. :banana

frieden
08-25-2006, 08:58
Amigi, can we get there near dark? What's the latest we can go up tonight? This doggone rain won't stop, and I have to get this lawn mowed. I have a psychotic neighbor who hates me, and will call the county for anything. The lawn service I had was having staffing problems, and the lawn went one and a half weeks without being cut. The county was at my door, giving me warning, because my grass was over 10". I went out and measured, and it was 6". Grrrr. Nevermind that my neighbor is a sherriff, and breaks every law in the book. You can stand on the sidewalk, and see numerous code violations over there, and code enforcement refused to come out on them. <sigh> Anyway, lemme know. Thanks.

StarLyte
08-25-2006, 09:09
Thanks Amigi. I will think of my Whiteblaze friends having a good time there.

Frieden.....I would suggest this to you-----cut your lawn while smoking a joint and flip the butt onto your neighbor's lawn. Then go have fun.

Revenge can not only be sweet, it can be fun. :D

Amigi'sLastStand
08-25-2006, 09:25
Amigi, can we get there near dark? What's the latest we can go up tonight? This doggone rain won't stop, and I have to get this lawn mowed. I have a psychotic neighbor who hates me, and will call the county for anything. The lawn service I had was having staffing problems, and the lawn went one and a half weeks without being cut. The county was at my door, giving me warning, because my grass was over 10". I went out and measured, and it was 6". Grrrr. Nevermind that my neighbor is a sherriff, and breaks every law in the book. You can stand on the sidewalk, and see numerous code violations over there, and code enforcement refused to come out on them. <SIGH>Anyway, lemme know. Thanks.
Gate locks at 8pm, going from memory. We'll talk about your code problems at Alex. No need to stress over it. Easily fixed. Try to come up if you can by 4p. That way, if you realize you forgot anything, we still have time to leave, hit a store in Altoona, and come back.
Chuck

Gray Blazer
08-25-2006, 10:43
What time is everybody going to Juniper? What time do you think everyone will get back? I'm thinking I'm not going canoeing. Is anybody just going to hang out at Alexander on Sat besides me?

frieden
08-25-2006, 12:06
Hehehehe. :D Thanks. I'll get there as soon as I can.

Gray Blazer
08-25-2006, 12:30
Thanks Amigi. I will think of my Whiteblaze friends having a good time there.

Frieden.....I would suggest this to you-----cut your lawn while smoking a joint and flip the butt onto your neighbor's lawn. Then go have fun.

Revenge can not only be sweet, it can be fun. :D

SL, smoking a joint while mowing the lawn would be a good way for an old person like me to have a heart attack. However, you are right. Revenge can be fun.:rolleyes:

frieden
08-27-2006, 21:18
I just wanted to thank you guys for the great time at the FL Gathering this weekend. I left the park this morning, went out onto the busy road, and just wanted to turn around and go back! Thankfully, it rained just enough to keep the temps down - and to remind us to seam seal our tents! The stars were amazing.

I wish I could have gotten some pictures from the canoe, but I wanted to stay alert - for gators, snags, and Ed jumping up. I did let my guard down a few times, and just soaked in the beauty of it all. There were no humans out there, so it was really peaceful and quiet. These long, blue birds were fishing, so we stopped and watched them for awhile. We passed this tall stalk of purple flowers, with a large butterfly feeding on it. The butterfly came over, and hovered over my hand. I understand why those people were fishing. There were some BIG fish in there! Turtles were everywhere (and I rescued one from the middle of the road on the way home today). It's neat how they line up on a log to sun themselves. Two gators stalked us in the water, and I thank God that we did not flip over. We saw 4 total, and all but one was active. The current wasn't bad, and there was only one bend I had to struggle to paddle upstream.

I couldn't remember how to light my stove. That was embarrassing. Thanks, Amigi, for saving the day with the coffee.

Ed had a great time, but it was difficult to get him to calm down around other people. Everything was so new and exciting. He barked once at the campsite. I got very cross with him. In the canoe, once we got out of sight of people, he laid down underneath his wet towel, and just chilled out. By the second day, he wasn't pulling on the lead anymore, when we walked. Fri. night, we passed an armadillo by just a couple of feet. He was rutting around right on the side of the road, and there was no other way around him. I was very concerned, because we had just been chased down by an armadillo a few weeks ago, but he seemed to ignore us, and Ed was fine. Ed and I took a shower with a salamander, but he didn't bother us either.

Fri. night I woke up, and heard animal breathing by my head. I looked up to see if Ed was ok, and he wasn't there! He was at my feet! :eek: I have no idea what it was, but it only stayed for a couple of minutes.

Gray Blazer brought some lovely pictures (mostly from the AT) in "barn wood" frames. I don't know if he has a Website, but it would be worth a look. I told him he should be doing art shows.

I really thought more people would have shown up, but we had a great time. It was the best going away present I could have gotten. :D Thanks!!!!

Amigi'sLastStand
08-27-2006, 23:21
Yes, frieden and I had a great time all three days. Grayblazer came and showd us his awesome pics from the AT. Buy'em while their still available.
As for the rest of you who said you'd come, but didnt, what stopped ya?

frieden is just about the coolest chick on the block, so my eternal thanks to her for great conversation and some very moving stories. She is tougher than most of you will ever know, and more than most of us will ever be.

GB is a fun loving, smiling, easy going, chilled out, relaxed dude who likes his food. Great pictures bro. Hope the wheels start feeling better so we can go hiking together.

The rest of you who said you'd come, all I can say is you missed out.

the goat
09-01-2006, 13:25
As for the rest of you who said you'd come, but didnt, what stopped ya?

Ok, last post here for me.

Rock and attrol, please dont ban me for what I will say in this thread.

Jiu jit siu is the spanish/portugeuse(?) spelling of the word you all are refering to.
http://www.desco.org.pe/publicaciones/QH/QH/qh121cf.htm
Use google translator and you will see the change.

My first shihan back in 90 was Colombian/Brazilian. He never did say exactly.

I will be at Alexander Springs this weekend with fellow WBers. I am not a virtual hiker, like so many here. Check my pics. I get out there, as I always have.

I am not a ninja, that was funny. But you can try me if you would like to.

Goat, and to all else, what BE are you calling? I will be at Alexander this weekend. Come see me, and then call BS to my face. We shall see.

The gun vs knife is pretty standard fare in CQB classes. I thank Rock for pointing our the current Army defintions. We used different acronyms. CBQ always stood for close battle of any kind.

To you *****ing idiots who carry a firearm on the AT, I wrote this thread in response to several threads going on at the time:
http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=13090&highlight=HANDGUN
http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=10422&highlight=HANDGUN
Are you going to carry your weapon in your hand? No. Its just like an airplane rescue. If you are an Air Marshal, and your weapon is in the overhead, and your plane is hijacked, what good is it? This was standard policy, until it was changed post 9/11.

Ok, so calling BS on me. I will be at Alexander Springs this weekend. You are more than welcome to come see me.

Your handgun means nothing. It will only lead to an outcome you are not prepared to deal with. So, keep it home. The AT is too populated and too friendly to need one.

I'll be at Alexander this weekend. Come see me.

...................:-?

Amigi'sLastStand
09-01-2006, 13:33
I hope we meet one day. I'll shake your hand......

the goat
09-01-2006, 16:46
I hope we meet one day. I'll shake your hand......

no hard feelings, amigi, i'd love meet and shake yours too.

ed bell
09-01-2006, 18:06
no hard feelings, amigi, i'd love meet and shake yours too.Did you mispell meat? Maybe I am missing something?;)