PDA

View Full Version : The Maine Roadhouse correct mail drop address

Mystic's Journey
08-15-2006, 11:58
The correct address to send mail drops via FedEx, UPS, or DHL to The Maine Roadhouse is 901 Rangeley Road, Coplin Plantation, ME, 04982. The address in the AT Companion Rangeley, ME, 04970 is incorrect. The FedEx driver, Brent, in that area will be on the lookout for packages going to the incorrect address and will let the other driver in the area know so that they can be sent to The Maine Roadhouse. Currently they are being forwarded to the Stratton Motel in Stratton, ME.

Jack Tarlin
08-15-2006, 12:00
For those who don't know, wanna tell us what the Maine Roadhouse is, what facilities/services they offer to hikers, etc. Thanks.

attroll
08-15-2006, 13:15
For those who don't know, wanna tell us what the Maine Roadhouse is, what facilities/services they offer to hikers, etc. Thanks.

The Maine Roadhouse is the people that took over the Andover Guest house in Andover Maine. They also run the Straton Motel and a Hostel between Rangely and Straton.

Maybe they will relay some more information here if they read it.

jlb2012
08-15-2006, 13:21
from the online companion page 242:

"The Maine Roadhouse, (207) 246-
2060, <www.maineroadhouse.com>, bunkroom $20PP,
semiprivate rooms $40S, $50D, $10EAP, includes free
laundry, free long-distance phone, laundry, satellite TV,
hiker kitchen and BBQ, free shuttles to Trail and P.O.;
mail drops can be sent to 901 Rangeley Rd, Coplin Plantation, ME 04982. Don and Susan also own the Stratton Motel."

Note substituted mail drop address based on posting above.

hopefulhiker
08-15-2006, 14:53
i stayed there last year toward the end of my hike. These people were great! They provided numerous shuttles, cooked an apple pie for me. They had internet, laundry, a great remodled bunkhouse. It was one of the best well equipped place on the trail!