PDA

View Full Version : bruno / miss janet gift

mweinstone
08-15-2006, 16:42
im asking the community to pitch in to buy a trip to germany for miss janet to visit bruno or for her to use to help him.i feel this is a moment we can be sure that we are needed. if ever there was a couple of trail angels who deserved help,bruno and his girlfriend are them.im in for a c note and i want you to give and think about just how cool it might be,.. on some future thruhike,... to pull into erwin and stay at MRS janets!
if this is a good idea then it will work . if its wrong then it wont. im putting this to you all and i leave it to you.

personaly i know you all care no matter what comments this thread draws.

godspeed bruno

Nean
08-15-2006, 18:46
im asking the community to pitch in to buy a trip to germany for miss janet to visit bruno or for her to use to help him.i feel this is a moment we can be sure that we are needed. if ever there was a couple of trail angels who deserved help,bruno and his girlfriend are them.im in for a c note and i want you to give and think about just how cool it might be,.. on some future thruhike,... to pull into erwin and stay at MRS janets!
if this is a good idea then it will work . if its wrong then it wont. im putting this to you all and i leave it to you.

personaly i know you all care no matter what comments this thread draws.

godspeed bruno

What kinda deals have you seen? Are we talking 5-600$? MissJ have a passport? :confused: We're talking before sobo season I'd imagine?;) Nice idea.:) I'd throw in 20.:o

Two Speed
08-15-2006, 18:51
I think we really should ask Miss Janet's opinion before pursuing this.

Skidsteer
08-15-2006, 18:51
What kinda deals have you seen? Are we talking 5-600$? MissJ have a passport? We're talking before sobo season I'd imagine?;) Nice idea.:) I'd throw in 20.:o

Yeah Matthewski, do some homework ;) . I'll kick in some if you got a plan.

Pacific Tortuga
08-15-2006, 19:20
And what about knee replacements for B. Jack, act local think global no WTO here for me. It is a nice thought,I'd kick in to fix up her van.

mweinstone
08-15-2006, 19:46
waiting for response from MJ . sent email. asked to be allowed to do this gift of love. should be cool.hope.its been over a minute now,.....

the plan
we comitt. janet sets a date. we send the checks to her on a set day after reaching a set goal and after sending out an e mail to each thread sponsor.

i was thinking start with a goal of the minnimum amount to get her there and back and stay long enough to support bruno and work from there. ill bet folks get generous if this gathers steam and if it fails we wont do it.but this is the right time concidering the needs of sobos. i think we all agree that any moneys given to such trail folk will reward us all manyfold.

Miss Janet
08-15-2006, 20:21
Oh, Matthewski,

You are very thoughtful to consider this for me and Bruno... but I can not allow WB to help with something so personal and non AT related. Besides, Bruno is very ill right now and in a residential treatment facility where he can't have visitors. It may be several weeks before he is back home. I miss him so much and I would love to see him... but right now it is more important that he concentrate on getting well. I love him dearly and after 17 years of being single I know he is the one I have been waiting for. So, please keep us both in your thoughts and keep sending out some positive energy for his complete recovery. Don't feel bad that I have to say no. It is a very nice gesture from you and I appreciate the desire to help.

mweinstone
08-15-2006, 20:29
and i can wait for the day i pull up and say hi and get my hug cause i got ya in my heart.but bruno i miss.

D'Artagnan
08-16-2006, 08:59
Oh, Matthewski,

You are very thoughtful to consider this for me and Bruno... but I can not allow WB to help with something so personal and non AT related. Besides, Bruno is very ill right now and in a residential treatment facility where he can't have visitors. It may be several weeks before he is back home. I miss him so much and I would love to see him... but right now it is more important that he concentrate on getting well. I love him dearly and after 17 years of being single I know he is the one I have been waiting for. So, please keep us both in your thoughts and keep sending out some positive energy for his complete recovery. Don't feel bad that I have to say no. It is a very nice gesture from you and I appreciate the desire to help.

This lady is a class act. Simply the greatest!

chicote
08-16-2006, 16:13
This lady is a class act. Simply the greatest!
I haven't even met her and she is the greatest! Best wishes for Bruno :sun