PDA

View Full Version : Is this hat any good

sum41punk91
08-15-2006, 20:40
This may need to be under reviews but this idk any how here is the hat http://www.altrec.com/shop/detail/20640/ it is outdoor research goretex, i am very partial to caps and i cant stand full brimmed hats,
i think ths is a good hat, no cardboard in bill plus ajustable anyone know about it?

Roland
08-15-2006, 20:59
It could be the best cap in the world and I'd never know, because I won't pay $42 for a cap.

dloome
08-15-2006, 21:06
Sheesh, what's the point of that thing? Keep your hair dry?

A normal ball cap will keep the rain out of your eyes, and if it's raining much at all you'll probably have your rain jacket hood on anyway. It will probably suck in any other type of weather because it's not going to be nearly as breathable as a normal cap. Waste of money IMHO.

Kerosene
08-15-2006, 22:56
It probably wouldn't matter if the bill is cardboard (it probably isn't) as the cover is waterproof. The earflaps would extend the comfort range of the hat, but it is probably going to be warmer than most ballcaps; possibly too warm for summer hiking. Also, as Roland says, it costs $42 (with shipping), so you can go buy 3 cheap ball caps and replace them when they wear out. I don't personally tend to skimp on equipment, but I wouldn't purchase at this price.