PDA

View Full Version : 1st FL Gathering a Success

Gray Blazer
08-28-2006, 10:32
For those of you who did not make it, I have one word for you-Next Year. I had a good time with Frieden, Ed and Amigi. I hope they will post a report here. Frieden and Amigi have been through more in their life than a regular person goes through in a lifetime. I admire their spirit and determination. I love you guys. I love Ed, too. (Please see pics in my gallery.) Ed won all of the contests. He just seemed to have the most energy of any one present. I hope to see more of ya'll (that's FL talk) next year! Peace and love, JJ:sun

Gray Blazer
08-28-2006, 12:37
Oh yeah, you guys who weren't there missed out on some real good home-made beef jerky ala Amigi!

DareN
08-28-2006, 12:50
I'm glad to hear you guys all had a good time! I'll definitely be looking forward to next year's ANNUAL Florida Gathering. Just out of curiosity, how was the weather? Was it decent enough for sleeping at night? I'm looking forward to October when we can get out again on a regular basis. Anyways, I'll check out the pics, and glad it was a success!

Amigi'sLastStand
08-28-2006, 20:45
The weather at nite was perfect. Heck I slept under a thin fleece blanket! The rain sucked though, as my old tent hadnt been seamed sealed in awhile. But it was good comedy for frieden and Ed, though. Thanks to GB for his kind words. The jerky was good. Next year yall, or we can do it sooner. Our season for hiking doesnt start for another two months.

saimyoji
08-28-2006, 21:10
Did you instuct anyone in the fine arts of jiu jit siu? :D

Amigi'sLastStand
08-28-2006, 21:54
Did you instuct anyone in the fine arts of jiu jit siu? :D
Stay off the thread, j/a. Keep that shiit off of here.

Ewker
08-28-2006, 22:59
any pics of the trip

Amigi'sLastStand
08-28-2006, 23:11
any pics of the trip
Grayblazer has his up, I will get some of mine up this week when I can find the time.

frieden
08-29-2006, 08:17
Oooppps. I posted on the other thread. I'm running out the door, but I'll move it later.

We had a great time. It was just what we needed. :)

Gray Blazer
08-29-2006, 13:54
Some pics are in my gallery and in WhiteBlaze Get Togethers Gallery. Take a close look at the Mt. Dora sign and tell me where you see geography like that around here.

Smile
08-29-2006, 16:20
Glad you guys had a good time, nice to see folks starting a gathering in their area!

frieden
09-01-2006, 21:49
Some pics are in my gallery and in WhiteBlaze Get Togethers Gallery. Take a close look at the Mt. Dora sign and tell me where you see geography like that around here.

Thanks for the pics, Gray Blazer. Very cool. I really like the canoe one. :)

Amigi'sLastStand
09-01-2006, 23:14
Thanks for the pics, Gray Blazer. Very cool. I really like the canoe one. :)
Where ya been? How's the trip out West so far?

Gray Blazer
09-01-2006, 23:20
Hey Frieden, How're you? Glad you like the pics. I had fun posting them. I still would like for someone to tell me what makes Shockley Hill more distinctive than your average community. God Bless you and your family.

TOW
09-02-2006, 11:45
I guess I will have to make it next year, sounds like you guys had a bunch of fun..............

Amigi'sLastStand
09-02-2006, 12:31
TOW, I hope you can make it. I would love to meet you. I was looking forward to it on on my earlier aborted thru. I'm thinking of doing a section hike of the FT in Nov. or Jan. Just a week out or so, but if you can could make it, plz do. I will post a planning thread once I see what my schedule will be like for those months.