PDA

View Full Version : Pink Blazing

BigRed
08-28-2006, 14:28
Just read this article about pink blazing, and having never thru hiked was curious about how true the points raised are.
thoughts?

http://www.ctnow.com/custom/nmm/fairfieldweekly/hce-fcw-0824-ff35-fe-appalachiannew35.artaug24,0,6691119,print.story?co ll=hce-headlines-fcw-advocate-top

Lone Wolf
08-28-2006, 14:32
That article is true BS.

Pacific Tortuga
08-28-2006, 14:32
Just read this article about pink blazing, and having never thru hiked was curious about how true the points raised are.
thoughts?

http://www.ctnow.com/custom/nmm/fairfieldweekly/hce-fcw-0824-ff35-fe-appalachiannew35.artaug24,0,6691119,print.story?co ll=hce-headlines-fcw-advocate-top

'Search' Hartford Advocate Post

dixicritter
08-28-2006, 14:34
BigRed there's another thread about that article right here that you might want to check out too. http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16948

Newb
08-28-2006, 14:58
So she slept with the dudes and then dumped them immediately and "didn't care" about their feelings then she got upset when they fell for her?

Now, I don't agree with the rudeness she claimed several guys showed her nor with some of the hideous comments she attributes to some of the guys. However, if she didn't want these guys following her she should have let them know up front that she just wanted sex and nothing more.

Time To Fly 97
08-28-2006, 15:45
Did a hiker write this? This is complete BS. Wow.

BigRed
08-28-2006, 16:24
Thanks for the link, sorry for the double post,

Turbo Joe
08-28-2006, 16:41
I always thought pinkblazing wasn't pursing but achieving

TOW
08-28-2006, 17:13
thoughts?

sounds like she was the one who let herself down.............communication........

Lone Wolf
08-28-2006, 17:27
I always thought pinkblazing wasn't pursing but achieving
You are correct.

johnny quest
08-28-2006, 17:34
i never heard of pinkblazing before this. that article made me not like the trail ugghhh. i need a shower.

ed bell
08-28-2006, 19:15
i never heard of pinkblazing before this. that article made me not like the trail ugghhh. i need a shower.You needed a shower when you chose that damn avitar.:D

Disney
08-28-2006, 19:16
Sounds like a load of crap to me. I may not have the experience that alot of other people have, but I've never seen ANYTHING like what she describes. I can understand how there may be a few minor instances here and there, but to continuely have it happen to one person? Highly dubious to say the least. If she didn't make up the entire bit, then she should look at the common thread, her own actions. So she sleeps with them and then leaves them while alienating people the entire time, she then wonders why people treat her differently. Amazing.

Frolicking Dinosaurs
08-28-2006, 20:38
I feel the article describes a type of behavior that might be called baby blue blazing - a woman persuing men for sexual gratification only and then dumping them. This is as destructive to people's trail experience as pink blazing can be.

johnny quest
08-28-2006, 21:04
enough different colored blazes!!!!!! no more! there is white and there is blue and that is it! well, i guess there is yellow. but that is all. isnt it?

my avatar, mr. bell, is a harmless, innocent young....something.

sliderule
08-28-2006, 22:28
I feel the article describes a type of behavior that might be called baby blue blazing - a woman persuing men for sexual gratification only and then dumping them.

Ain't that the story of my life. How can I get them to leave me alone?

MedicineMan
08-28-2006, 23:28
well when not hiking or paddling i'm thinking of hiking or paddling and when i cant do the real thing i try to read as many of the trailjournal entries as possible....in all the trailjournal entries I've never encountered anthing like what is being reported in that article...i get the feeling that this situation is 'the world is wrong and i'm right' scenario with giant dose of narcissistic self destruction thrown in the mix.

ed bell
08-29-2006, 01:10
my avatar, mr. bell, is a harmless, innocent young....something.If you showered first, OK then;)

HIKER7s
08-29-2006, 06:57
I think it does a sub-service to the AT community at far as the general way of this trail. Of course there are swarms of people, of course most are men, of course women are fewer and of course, unfortunatly one may experience a moment or two along their thru of discomfort in someway caused specifically from another hiker.

HOWEVER, I cant understand, if she is so concerned in hiking her own hike as she keeps saying, THEN WHY didnt she stay focused on just that instead of doing guys when she was in the mood to do that. Then she becomes the bitch of the trail because she used these people and then wanted nothing to do with them. Then she goes out and seeks sympathy because she's being "pink blazed".

Dont know if I am over analyzing this or not but it seems to me shes looking for a headline or a place in the history of the trial to be the one known to first give the moniker of the "PINK" blaze and what it stand for.

She does nothing for a woman who is currently pursuing the dream of a thru other than throw more junk out there that scares some people, thus SOMEONE will do away with the dream to accomplish it due to reading this article.

I have found that although there is a strong male comradry on the trail, there is just as much genuine concern for fellow hikers. She is off base in her portrayal of most trailcamp gatherings.

goofy lady

TOW
08-29-2006, 11:22
You needed a shower when you chose that damn avitar.:Dthat ain't no lie, looks to be kind of brokebackish too........

Gray Blazer
08-29-2006, 11:31
that ain't no lie, looks to be kind of brokebackish too........

Looks kinda John Karrish to me.

johnny quest
08-29-2006, 11:32
dont be hating!

dixicritter
08-29-2006, 13:06
To save confusion we've decided to shut this duplicate thread down. Please post comments on the article on the thread that was started here... http://www.whiteblaze.net/forum/showthread.php?t=16948

Thank you.