PDA

View Full Version : Restaurant near Katahdin

Mystic's Journey
08-29-2006, 09:39
Looking for a good restaurant for dinner in Millinocket where thru hikers go to celebrate completing the AT. Any recommendations?

:banana Mystic, Marley, Gator Goat, and Chill will be summiting Katahdin on Saturday, September 2nd and will want to celebrate afterwards.

Lone Wolf
08-29-2006, 09:54
I always liked the Chinese restaurant attached to the Pamola Motor Lodge. There's also a bar there. Plus swimming pool and jacuzzi.

The Solemates
08-29-2006, 11:41
we will be summiting katahdin either saturday or sunday as well. maybe we'll see them around.

TJ aka Teej
08-29-2006, 18:31
The Big Moose Inn, about 8 miles south of the BSP gatehouse, or the Blue Ox on Main Street in Millinocket.

Trillium
08-29-2006, 21:00
I've been following your group through Gator Goat's trailjournal. She has such an awesome attitude. Sounds like you all have had a lot of fun when you've been on the trail together. I'll send good thoughts for perfect summiting weather your way!

Nightwalker
08-30-2006, 06:18
I like the Scootic In in Millinocket. Not fancy, just nice and friendly.

peakbagger
08-31-2006, 13:10
If you are looking for a high end restaurant, there is nothing in the area that matches the River Drivers Restaurant at Northern Waters. A meal for two is a $100 experience so it would be out of the price range of a thruhiker but might be worth suggesting to some well off relatives who are in the mood to help celebrate the hike. They also have various housing and whitewater rafting options for the same relatives. This place gets very good regional gourmet reviews.

They are off the main road between Millinocket and East Millinocket about 1 mile on the right (heading towards I95 from Katahdin)

They are used to grubby whitewater boaters so even though its high end, there is no dress code.