PDA

View Full Version : 12 step program

caro
08-29-2006, 17:23
I found this site during my summer break. I have totally been immersed in this site and trailjournals. I have been totally sucked into the vortex and can't see myself get clear of it. the interactions and misperceptions of what people have written, the information about gear, the hierachy of the posters. How will ever ever get off this addiction? first thing in the morning I check for updates on "my" people on trailjournals, check new posts, I know if I leave it for an hour to do something else I will never get my the new posts "unbolded" eeks, I even dream this stuff.

I then thought I need a 12 step program but then I thought I would just get addicted to that. I feel worse than if I was addicted the soap opera stories.Although at least the stories on trail journals ar true.

I thought how stupid, this is a forum for people who do, while I am sitting on my couch in my wireless house with my laptop, endlessly trying to "unbold"

caro
08-29-2006, 17:24
oh yea and now I will be watching my thread!!!!!

Just Jeff
08-29-2006, 17:27
The best 12 step program is the first 12 steps at the trailhead.

Skidsteer
08-29-2006, 17:34
Caro, the addictive side of WB is way overblown.

Pay close attention and you'll notice that regular posters are often off-line for days, week, even months at a time.

The unwritten list of excused absences include:
1) hiking
2) death in the family
3) divorce(usually followed by hiking)
4) golf (but only for Lone Wolf)

;)