PDA

View Full Version : WhiteBlaze Patch/Logo

attroll
04-10-2003, 13:29
I was playing around and designed this little patch. I think we need to get off our butts and get some type of patch or logo together for Whiteblaze. That way we can start making shirts and patches for our users and to take to places like Trails days. I tried to keep it simple with as little colors as possible. Hoping that way it would be easy to make and not as expensive. Let me know what you think. If you have a better idea or design lets here it or see it.

http://www.whiteblaze.net/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=912

Blue Jay
04-10-2003, 13:52
I like it very much

Papa Bear
04-10-2003, 14:57
Good design.

But maybe try to make the actual white blaze bigger.

Maybe spread the title across the whole patch (which will put the blaze nearer to the center) and then enlage the blaze relative to the letters so from a distance the white blaze on the green and blue background hits your eye first. If you place it right, the blaze could be split between the green hill and blue sky.

Pb

Jumpstart
04-10-2003, 15:48
It's great, and good job on getting "enthusiasts" correct :) Let us know when they are avialble for purchase :)

Hammock Hanger
04-10-2003, 15:52
The more color threads you use the more expensive. Usually 3 and under are relativly cheap for 350 or more. HH

TJ aka Teej
04-10-2003, 16:03
I think the same font as the page logo would look nicer.
Maybe you don't need the tag line, (wicked good spelling, btw!) it'd probably be too small to read anyway!

MedicineMan
04-10-2003, 22:53
It's gonna look good on my white pack...just get the show on the road, if you need pre-order money let me know.

attroll
04-11-2003, 03:15
I will play with it some more. I was going to make it the same font as the page logo but when Rock redid it he changed the font and I have played with all the fonts in Photoshop and can not find one close. I asked him what it was but he never got around to answering me. He got busy towards the end. I thought making the whiteblaze bigger was a good idea. I will do that. I was afraid to make it to big.

Jumpstart I had to do a search on this site and find the thread where you told us how it was properly spelled before I did it. So if it got spelled wrong this time I could have blamed you. LOL

Hammock Hanger I have only used 4 colors right now and I will try and stick with that. You sound like you are talking from experience. Have you ever had patches made to order before.? If so where would I go to see about placing an order?

Another question I have for everyone. What size should it be? Maybe 1 ½ x 4. Does anyone have any suggestions?

AmazinGrace
04-11-2003, 07:57
AT Troll, this is very cool. I'm definitely interested--put me on the list to get a couple of them!

Amazin' Grace

steve hiker
04-11-2003, 21:17
It needs some trees on it.

MedicineMan
04-11-2003, 23:22
I dont know anything about the 'printing' business but if you are getting sew on patches made is it that hard to get car stickers/decals made at the same time....I'm actually excited about adorning my truck with one besides my pack.

Hammock Hanger
04-12-2003, 08:28
I use to have patches made all the time for our GS Council. Unfortunately that was a different period of my life. I looked but apparently did not keep any of that info. Sorry.

The price will go by the size of the patch, the colors, and the amount ordered. There is usually one fee for like 1-250, and then a discounted price for every 100 more ordered.

I'm sure you can find a patch company online. If you find one and want me to check it over let me know.

Sue/HH

ga>me>ak
04-12-2003, 09:29
Count me in. Great idea!!!! Looks good,and I'm not complaining, but i"m kinda with Steve.... maybe a tree? Again, great idea:)

Kerosene
04-12-2003, 12:24
I have a friend in the embroidery business who hiked with me a few years ago. I'm sure that, given a close-to-final design, I could get a good quote from him on the cost of creating patches or anything else embroidered. He could also arrange for silk-screening, but I'm not sure that he has the capability to do any sort of decals.

Max
04-12-2003, 19:56
Excellent!
WhiteBlaze is becoming THE best site on the net for A.T. info.
And now a patch!
Someone is going to be veeerrryyyy jealous.
Who started WhiteBlaze?

MedicineMan
04-12-2003, 21:26
I remember it wasnt that long ago that Whiteblaze.net almost died---aren't we all glad it didnt!

attroll
04-12-2003, 21:58
Yes I remember that time back in about January I think it was. I sure am glad we gave it one more try.

I printed the stats out for whiteblaze last night starting from when we first came online and thought I would share them real quick with you all.

Visits Monthly
Mar = 13,396
Feb = 13,287
Jan = 12,562
Dec = 8,163
Nov = 6,142
Oct = 6,681
Sep = 5,214
Aug = 1,053
Jul = 154

Daily Average
Mar = 432
Feb = 474
Jan = 405
Dec = 263
Nov = 204
Oct = 215
Sep = 173
Aug = 33
Jul = 11

As you can see we have come a long ways.

attroll
04-12-2003, 22:37
OK. I added some trees. I am far from being a good artist. I hope this looks good. Let me know

http://www.whiteblaze.net/gallery/showphoto.php?photo=913

dixicritter
04-13-2003, 00:06
Originally posted by attroll
I will play with it some more. I was going to make it the same font as the page logo but when Rock redid it he changed the font and I have played with all the fonts in Photoshop and can not find one close. I asked him what it was but he never got around to answering me. He got busy towards the end. I thought making the whiteblaze bigger was a good idea. I will do that. I was afraid to make it to big.

<snip>

Hey Troll I can try looking on his computer and see if I can find out the font for you if you like. Not promising I'll have any luck, but I'm willing to give it a shot.

The patch looks great. Good job on those trees.

dixi

dixicritter
04-13-2003, 00:17
Ok I spoke too soon. I went and looked but didn't have any luck either. Sorry.

dixi

attroll
04-13-2003, 00:19
Thanks anyway Dixi

ga>me>ak
04-14-2003, 10:07
Thanks for the trees, great job:) It really looks good.

BTW, who did start this site?

Lugnut
04-14-2003, 14:15
The site was actually started by Dave Bielman (sp?) also known as Easyhiker, Easy, Dave and other assorted names - some not flattering but probably deserved:D
After a while, and for various reasons, Dave turned the site over to SGT Rock and ATtrol. There are several hundred members that are grateful he was generous enough to do that.
Dave is now NOBO and was going to use the name Easy. Don't know for sure if he is still hiking or, if he is, whether he is using that name.
If he's using that name he may be tied to a tree somewhere in North Carolina!! :D